Qualified candidates should have exceptional attention to detail supporting the editing and proof reading of legal documents and must be able to work evening shift hours. This position will be fully remote however, interested candidates must be commutable to one of these cities: Charlotte, NC; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Salt Lake City, UT; Washington, D.C.
- Proofreads documents for correct spelling, grammar usage (when requested), consistency, deletions, insertions, document formats and comparison
- Manually or electronically blacklines and/or redlines document changes, as requested; runs redlines and compares utilizing Microsoft Word Track Changes or specific comparison applications
- Demonstrates sufficient familiarity with word processing and document management functions to be able to provide application-specific instructions to correct errors
- Reviews edits and placement of changes/new language per attorney's instructions, including making global revisions and updating tables of contents and indexes
- Uses all appropriate reference materials, including Chicago Manual of Style
- Cross checks internal document references and/or cross checks and confirms citations pursuant to attorney request
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) or an associate's degree plus additional document processing or proofreading experience
- Ideally, three (3) years of prior experience in a professional environment; preference is given to those with prior law firm experience
- Critical thinking skills; close attention to detail
- Superior organizational and proofreading skills; detail oriented
- Thorough knowledge of proofreading reference materials and proofreading marks
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Thorough knowledge of document comparison software, including Microsoft Word Track Changes
Download the Sparks Group Jobs mobile app from Apple App Store or Google Play .
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.