This engineering role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux to build a career with Canonical and drive the success of those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source development, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
The Commercial Systems team's mission is to develop and operate Ubuntu Advantage and Livepatch backend services to help Canonical deliver extended security solutions to a wide range of devices spanning from individual laptops to large enterprise fleets running in cloud environments, build and operate an internal data lake, automate internal business processes, and integrate with third party SaaS solutions.
We are looking for engineers with strong background in software engineering, preferably in Go or Python, who enjoy being constantly challenged to deliver and operate solutions at scale with the highest engineering quality, develop their skills, and work with internal stakeholders to identify, design and implement or improve internal business processes.
We expect you to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related engineering field.
- Experience as a software developer in a high-level language - preferably Go or Python.
- Experience building, deploying, and operating distributed systems and APIs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to collaborate remotely with a diverse set of team members and stakeholders, remain highly motivated, productive, and organized in a fully remote environment.
- Ability to travel to international destinations for one week at a time, approximately 2-4 times per year. Locations prior to the global pandemic included New York, Seattle, London, Cape Town, Budapest, Berlin, Montreal, and Brussels.
We would appreciate:
- Experience developing and deploying for Ubuntu Linux in public clouds.
- Experience integrating authentication & authorization, financial, public cloud or marketplace systems.
- Experience with Salesforce development/integration or APEX.
- Learning and Development opportunities and budget
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the worlds computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.