We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Lead to guide our team, which builds and maintains a host of services that are used across all of Tucows’ major business units. We are evolving our platforms to microservices to enable functions within Tucows across all of our platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of engineers to build and support scalable, reliable, and resilient microservices
- Provide level of effort estimates for delivering features and ensure your team meets those commitments.
- Collaborate with other Engineering Team Leads to define shared services’ features, including technical and performance requirements.
- Lead the development process with Agile software development tools and standard methodologies
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years leading a team of engineers that developed customer facing applications
- You think carefully about how to roll out features and improvements to the applications you support while minimizing/avoiding customer downtime
- Have software engineering experience and a consistent record of writing elegant, maintainable, self-documenting code in Python.
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have experience with web frameworks such as Flask, Django, and FastAPI.
- Have experience with open source databases such as Postgres and MariaDB.
- You are familiar with microservice architecture frameworks and design patterns.
- You understand modern CICD practices that include Infrastructure as Code and automated deployment pipelines
- You know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge with people you work with.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You love to collaborate, are a great teammate, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
Who You Might Be:
- Someone with wholesale or retail domain names experience.
- A person who’s worked for an ISP.
- Someone that’s familiar with telcos, especially MVNOs.