Foundation for Interwallet Operability (FIO)
FIO Protocol is fully open source (https://github.com/fioprotocol) with documentation and test APIs (https://developers.fioprotocol.io/). FIO Protocol is built on a blockchain platform that uses C++ as its smart contract programming language. Underlying the blockchain is a WebAssembly virtual machine which executes smart contract code. Blockchain functionality is accessed via an API. Integration of FIO features by crypto wallets and exchanges is facilitated by Typescript, Kotlin, and iOS SDKs.
The QA Engineer opportunity is scoped as a part-time, hourly contract position at ~80 hours/month with the potential to become full-time (~160 hours/month) depending on workload and funding.
Hourly rate is $40-$60 per hour depending on experience. Payment in USDT or similar.
- Automated and manual testing of FIO Protocol API and FIO SDKs
- Manual testing of integrated partner wallets and exchanges
- Ensure that feature deliverables meet quality objectives in functionality, performance, stability, and security
- Participate actively in functional, system, integration and regression testing activities within project timelines
- Configure and maintain crypto wallet test environments for mobile (iOS and Android), browser, and hardware-based wallets
- Build effective test cases that are used for manual and automation testing
- Create testing documentation, including test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports assessing quality and associated risk
- Diagnose, track and manage quality issues to resolution
- Collaborate with the broader team to identify, understand and resolve the root cause of defects and end user escalations
- Online technical support to end users on technical issues
- Experience in QA and QA automation
- Understanding of Software QA methodologies, tools and approaches (black box and automated testing)
- Experience in writing test cases and test scenarios that cover both sanity and in-depth testing including and not limited to boundary, negative, compatibility and concurrency tests
- Ability to accurately estimate task durations and meet schedules
- Prefer experience with blockchain and crypto
For more details on FIO and the QA position refer to: