The QA Test Automation Engineer is responsible for the development and integration of enterprise application systems. This position is remote within the United States.
YOU'LL BE VERY SUCCESSFUL HERE IF YOU HAVE
- BS in Computer Science or BA with equivalent technical competency
- Minimum 5 years of relevant technical software testing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical background and an understanding of the finance industry preferred
- Excellent knowledge of software testing life-cycle and the associated deliverables
- Knowledge and experience with relational database applications (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, and SQL Query language)
- Ability to define, develop and maintain automated test cases with automated testing tools, like Selenium, ReadyAPI, WinRunner, QuerySurge, BrowserStack, etc. is a plus.
- Able to review system and functional requirements and extract data to use in preparing automated test plans and scripts
- Knowledge of testing/development concepts and industry trends for cloud technologies
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, complex and diverse projects simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines
- Proven understanding and experience with Agile approaches (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) to software testing
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools and duties
- Software testing certification is a plus (ISTQB Software Tester Certification, Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE))
- Azure DevOps experience a plus
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Must demonstrate a keen attention to detail
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Interact with development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives within Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Conducts testing, submits testing errors and issues to development for correction, tests corrected code and tracks defects.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using Azure DevOps or similar tools/means
- Support production deployment of applications and perform "validation testing" during the off-hours maintenance windows.
- Designs, develops, and maintains automated scripts for a variety of applications/interfaces as well as scheduling testing cycles and analyzing test results.
- Work closely with Environment Engineer on releases moving through the test and pre-prod environments
- Documents test progress and results. Prepares reports and presents results as needed.
- Provides updates on automation progress and custom reporting as requested.
- May create or assist with creation of manual tests.
- Perform other functions as assigned.