We are a self-funded, London based startup of a steep growth trajectory. We provide developers and DevOps teams a self-service cloud-native delivery platform, with which organisations can ship applications quickly, securely and at scale by automating away the complexities of cloud and Kubernetes. With us our customers, like the UK’s Home Office or Bank of England, are harnessing cloud-native technologies, limiting the challenges of infrastructure management and rapidly delivering digital products.
We are on a mission to enable organisations to make cloud and software delivery simple and efficient, whilst having the insights into costs, security and cadence. As a company that holds customers at the heart of everything we do, we are looking for candidates that want to make a real change and support organisations as they move to cloud and use it easily.
Do you enjoy breaking things to see how they work and putting them back together again?
Exploratory testing is an approach to software testing that is often described as simultaneous learning, test design, and execution. It focuses on discovery and relies on the guidance of the individual tester to uncover defects that are not easily covered in the scope of other tests.
Appvia is seeking a highly technical QA Test Engineer to ensure the quality of their enterprise Kubernetes platform. As a QA Test Engineer / Tester you will join an Agile team to test newly developed software, performing exploratory testing and contributing to test automation to help improve the quality, performance and resiliency of Appvia’s products. You will develop comprehensive test suites and strive for full automation coverage of key product features.
You must be knowledgeable and passionate about quality and automation. Experience with DevOps practices and continuous integration environments will be helpful. You must be a quick learner and able to get up to speed with the latest Docker and Kubernetes container technologies.
- Help improve the quality, performance, and resiliency of Appvia’s products
- Develop comprehensive test suites and strive for full automation coverage of key product features
- Design, build, and manage advanced automated testing frameworks
- Work with your fellow engineers and our customers to create a world class product
- Participate in daily standups and working in an agile development environment
- Experience in DevOps process and CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins, Drone, Bamboo, etc.
- Comfortable in working within a Linux environment
- Strong exploratory testing experience and ability to think outside the box to use the product in unexpected ways
- Natural curiosity with advanced analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience in building maintainable and well tested code
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and debugging ability
- Demonstrated ability to precisely define defects in a way that engineers can quickly understand the problem and have enough information to follow up