Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
About The Position
Our engineering team has a strong spirit of entrepreneurship. Every member has joined us over our 6 year history because he/she wants to be part of a high-performing team and go through the scale up experience. We look for candidates who share similar goals and beliefs about the work and the team they want to be a part of.
Our Test Engineers are fully embedded in the development teams they work with and work alongside the developers to ensure full and complete testing of our products through a variety of testing solutions. The main goal is to enable the engineering teams to write their own tests and provide guidance and hands on experience where needed in all areas of the SDLC.
We are looking for enthusiastic Test Engineers to join our team and help ensure we deliver high quality products to our customers. The successful candidate will see the big picture and understand how our platforms interact with each other and with other systems and services internally and externally and will be able to to use their skills and knowledge and then to expand on these to ensure the teams are using the right tools and frameworks for the job at hand.
- Provide technical guidance within the team to increase the test coverage and quality of our products using BDD in a CI/CD pipeline
- Work cross-functionally within a team and be a core contributor in every solution including attending all agile ceremonies
- Create and help team to maintain non-functional automated testing
- Assess areas within the product and guide team to anticipate and prevent potential issues
- Approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you’re building - finding the simplest solution to complex problems
- A “self-starter” attitude in order to make progress in ambiguous situations and a high level of accountability
- Strong communication skills - asking questions when needed and sharing your knowledge and learnings
- You have a passion for tools, testing frameworks, methodologies and quality!
- Knowledge/practical experience of Web Services and relevant testing tools
- Industry experience in at least one testing type eg. UI, API, Performance, Security etc.
- Strong understanding of TDD and BDD best practices and tools
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Daily in-office team lunches (when offices are open)
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring.
If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
If you're amazing but missing some of the requirements, we'd love for you to apply anyway.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations. By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.