HeidelbergCement one of the largest worldwide construction materials companies is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer (Automation) (f/m/d) to build world class mobile and web applications based in Heidelberg, Germany. You will be involved in a global product team where you can learn and grow with our company as we embark on a digital transformation of our application offerings. You have an opportunity to provide valuable input as we shape and improve our core digital customer offerings over the coming years.
QA Engineers in our teams aren’t doing much manual testing if any at all. You write scripts to automate testing and build-up tooling to better embed testing into the individual product teams. Second, you should use your QA knowledge to influence the software engineers on a regular basis so that we end up with better software and embark on our “quality by design” strategy. We are true believers that continuous delivery and test automation have to go hand-in-hand.
Additional training and coaching is part of the package so if you are passionate about web and mobile technologies and committed to clean code then this is the job for you. Of course, we offer possibilities to work remotely and our newly built headquarter offers a very modern and inspirational workplace as well.
Your next challenge
- Develop test strategies
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using cutting edge tools
- Build tooling for test development, coverage and reporting
- Drive quality at the root of our development process
- Contribute to your cross-functional product team and advocate for detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Bridge communication between business and IT to support continuous user acceptance tests
- Drive our testing strategy both visionary and very hands-on
- Define and implement the way we handle testing and advocate for DevOps practices such as CI/CD and test automation
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Help to troubleshoot our large-scale distributed systems
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test automation strategies
- Share our test engineering practices within all HeidelbergCement and conferences
- University degree in computer science (or comparable qualification)
- Experience in the field
- Ability to automate test cases by either scripting or coding
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools (e.g. Cypress, Appium)
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Very good English language skills. German language skills would be beneficial
- Ability to work in an international team
- Willingness to travel if required
- Joy in tackling a steep learning-curve personally and professionally
We have offices in several countries and also offer to work completly remote. Please indicate in your application from where you are planning to work.
Please attach your references (university, work, etc.) to your application.