It's time to join Stryker!
We are a great place to work. Fortune, in association with Great Place to Work, named us among the Worlds Best Workplaces. We currently rank #5 out of the 25 companies on the list. This list highlights companies that have gone above and beyond to create a great workplace for employees all over the world. Fortune also named us one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in the United States. This is the eleventh consecutive year we have been on the list, and we also ranked #5 out of 100 on this list!
Stryker is one of the worlds leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
We are currently seeking a R&D Staff Software Design Engineer located in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Who We Want
Dedicated Achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations
Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
User-focused creators. People who imagine with the user in mind, developing technology that helps change patients lives.
Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop new ideas into reality.
What You Will Do
As a R&D Staff Software Design Engineer, you will develop embedded software devices for use by Orthopedic Surgeons to allow them to plan and perform their procedures.
In this role, you will be a key contributor to the software development process of embedded medical devices that supports our computer assisted and robotic product lines.
- You will design and implement embedded applications in C/C++ for VxWorks to manage system functions, error handling, state handling, and control of system peripherals
- You will own the design, implementation, and testing of software modules, and perform associated software development tasks (configuration management, issue/bug tracking, and risk management)
- You will support the development of setting requirements with software team
- You will lead code reviews for systems applying design principals, coding standards and best practices
- You will work directly with technical leadership on breaking down work, scheduling, risks, and project updates
- You will interact with customers to support determining requirements and validation of requirements.
- You will work cross functionally with multiple technical experts and internal/external training to further develop software development skills and understanding of the medical procedures your products will be used in
- As an active member of the software community within Stryker, you will participate in the greater Stryker software community to continually improve the way we work
What You Need
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years related experience
- Experience in C/C++
What We Would Love That You Have (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience in VxWorks or similar Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) on Linux
Why Stryker? Its the people. Thats the answer youll hear most often when you ask our employees why they love working here.
Come join our team at Stryker in Portage/Kalamazoo!