ruby on rails
In this role you will:
- Expand upon your skills as a full stack developer working on a wide variety of client and internal projects, with a primary focus on backend development using Ruby on Rails.
- Bonus if you have Node or Elixir experience
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to develop and ship features
- Design, build, and maintain API’s
- Write efficient, modular, and reusable libraries and abstractions
- Find and solve performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Interface directly with members of our team and client teams.
- Iterate on internal development best practices and operations.
- Write content based on your learning and experiences
In order for you to be successful in the role, you must:
- Have experience commensurate with a senior-level developer role (4 - 8 years professional development experience) with robust experience and knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Have professional or personal projects which demonstrate your abilities as a developer
- Understand the lifecycle of a project from inception to deployment
- Be a critical thinker who challenges the status quo; you question and suggest improvements in workflow, scope or design
- Able to prioritize and self-manage as we give all of our employees a lot of autonomy
- Be a great human to your coworkers and our clients
- Be eager to coach teams you work with on best practices and approaches
- Be hungry to level-up your skills and those of your coworkers
- Be proactive when it comes to identifying and solving problems
- Be a strong communicator who is adept at collaborating with teammates
- remotely and comfortable interfacing with clients
- Be humble and willing to raise your hand to ask for help when you need it
Be comfortable and happy working remotely; we're a distributed team and we allow our employees to work anywhere in the continental