ruby on rails
Headquarters: Atlanta, GA
Since 2010, Agent Pronto has helped more than 200,000 people find the perfect real estate agent. Home buyers and sellers sign up for our service, tell us about their needs, and we then use that information to analyze local real estate agent data and match them with an amazing agent. We’re a small team who is able to move quickly, while being backed with the stability of a large, well-established company.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Product team as a Rails developer where you’ll be helping ship features and squash bugs. You'll be collaborating with our Head of Product (who is also our front-end developer) and our Rails Developer to round out this small and nimble team. We build and maintain an internal Rails app called Handshake that is both a CRM and a suite of workflow tools which we use to deliver the services of our consumer-facing Rails app, Agent Pronto. We also have an agent-facing Rails app called, creatively, Agent Pronto Login that real estate agents use to interact with our service.
Who You Are *fingers crossed*
You’re a Rails developer with 4 or more years of professional experience who thrives in a flexible, self-directed environment. You love helping people, fixing bugs, and solving problems. You transcend the left-brained developer stereotype, have an eye for design, and incorporate UX understanding into the things you build. Additionally:
- You’re self-motivated to learn and incorporate new technologies and keep up with best practices.
- You’re as comfortable writing code for the browser as you are code for the server.
- You believe in the value of testing and rarely ship code without automated tests in place.
- You love building big features, but you’re just as happy working on maintenance tasks to keep things running smoothly.
- You have strong communication skills and are receptive to constructive feedback.
- You have the ability to thoroughly, yet simply, explain features to everyday users.
- You can clearly articulate your thoughts and feelings through writing.
- You’re not afraid to ask for help.
How We Work
We don’t separate “product” from “engineering.” Our dev team is the product team, and we’re responsible for prioritizing new features, enhancements, and bug fixes to help our users be successful. We have a weekly planning meeting on Slack, post short, daily check-ins on Basecamp, and discuss code changes and implementations in GitHub. We build our products with Heroku, GitHub, Travis CI, CloudFlare, Twilio, Google Maps, Mandrill, and more.
We’re hiring immediately for a full-time, salaried position at a competitive market rate. We request that you reside in the United States, but once hired, you’ll have the flexibility to work from anywhere. You can choose when to start and end each work day as long as at least half of your day aligns with a 9-5 CT schedule.
Think You’re a Good Fit?
Thanks for looking, and good luck!