Exodus's mission is to help half the world exit the traditional financial system by 2030. We need a strong React Front-End Engineer to help us unlock many future products.
Frameworks and Languages
What You Will Do
- Work with design and other teams to develop new customer-facing features and maintain existing ones.
- Create libraries, components and tools to ensure maximum performance with a top-notch user experience.
- Think like an attacker: help us identify the risks/attack vectors of a certain design or implementation.
- Think like a product owner: what will delight users? what are the acceptable risks?
Who You Are
- You have strong experience building desktop or web apps with React and Electron.
- You have strong samples of your code or plenty of open source contributions on your GitHub profile.
- You have excellent knowledge of the techniques used to optimize performance and can squeeze every last millisecond out of the code.
- Self-motivated, well organized and an excellent communicator - both written and verbal.
- Debugging skills. Remember that time you tinkered something into submission? we'd love to hear about it.
- Team-oriented and derives fulfillment from helping others succeed.
- Experience collaborating with others with a pull-request based workflow.
Nice to Have
- You have a passion for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
- Understanding of cryptographic primitives like hashing, macs, PK-crypto and signing.
Exodus is a multi-asset cryptocurrency wallet with a built-in exchange feature. We started our movement in 2015 and have been a distributed team since then. Our mission is to help half of the world exit the traditional financial system and move into the crypto financial system by the year 2030. To do that we want to make sure we hire the best of the best: people who are intrinsically motivated by what we are trying to achieve and who love what they do professionally.
What we Offer
- Freedom to work wherever you want, whenever you want.
- Building the future. Cryptocurrencies lay the foundation to the internet of value, the next major wave in application technology and personal finance.
- Collaborative and feedback-driven culture.
- Opportunity to grow.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package.
- 100% pay in Bitcoin with a buffer to account for price changes and exchange fees.
Health: Most of our health insurance plans are covered 100% for you and covered 50% for your dependents. We’ll also cover dental insurance. If you are outside of the United States, we will reimburse you up to $500 per month for any medical and dental insurance for you and your dependents.
PTO: 30 days of paid time off per year on top of a flexible schedule where you can work wherever and whenever. If you’re part-time with us, you’ll still receive 15 days of paid time off.
Unlimited Bereavement: We will pay you your full salary for the first two weeks for the loss of any immediate family members but we allow you to take all the time you need to grieve outside of that.
Parental Leave: 12 weeks of fully paid leave with and a month of flexible work for the primary caregiver.
Tax help: Getting paid in Bitcoin new to you? Don’t worry! We will reimburse you for speaking with a professional tax specialist in your state/country to make sure everything is taken care of.
Perks: Exodus offers a variety of seasonal perks including free subscriptions to services like Calm and Masterclass, coverage for gym memberships and therapy. We want to make sure all of our employees know they are our priority and we give back for your hard work often.
Our Hiring Process
Our hiring process consists of several different stages:
Recruiter Interview: If we like your initial application, expect to schedule an interview with a member of our recruitment team. This interview will focus on getting to know you a bit more and will focus on explaining the culture of the company. We want to know more about why you want to join our team, how you feel about our mission and cryptocurrency now and how it fits into your overall career plan to make sure this is the right place for you.
Assessments: Not every role consists of an assessment but if yours does it will be directly related to the job you apply for.
Interview with your future manager: This is to make sure that you are a fit for the team you are applying to and that the hard and soft skills you possess are a good fit for us at the time.
Interview(s) with your future colleagues: We call these focus interviews and they are a time for you to learn more about your role from someone you will closely collaborate with. It’s a time to dig into the culture of the team and the day to day for someone in that role.
Career History Interview: For our management roles, we take some more time before the end of the process to better get to know you and your past performance better. Expect this call if you will be leading a team.