At GoStudent, we work passionately every day to fulfill our mission in building the #1 global school! Headquartered in Vienna and founded in 2016, Gostudent is the leading, scale-up, venture-backed Edtech platform. With +86M€ raised from national and international investors we’re growing at 20 percent MoM and aim for 5x-10x growth within our international markets in the next 12 months. Do those numbers excite you? Then take this opportunity to be bold and make your mark.
- Learning experience: Together with our Frontend team, you implement the backend logic for our new features on the platform to help students realize their full potential and free our tutors from annoying overhead.
- Clean Code: Produce clean and well-tested Backend code, diagnose defects and provide effective solutions.
- Agile teams: Work alongside Product Managers, UX Designers, QA Engineers & our Frontend team with colleagues from Sofia and Vienna.
- Internal processes: In order to make our processes even more effective, efficient and scalable, you develop tools and workflows that help us to grow and improve.
- Proactivity: You like to try out new things, have ideas to challenge the status quo, you are not afraid of mistakes and roll up your sleeves to make things happen. Besides that, you are a self-organized and independently working person.
Who you are:
- Min. 3 years of relevant professional experience in (backend) web development.
- You also have experience with at least one of the following languages: C++, Java or another broadly used statically typed language.
- You have experience with Apache Cassandra and ElasticSearch.
- You have a deep understanding of building scalable (microservice oriented) software and clean software design.
- You regularly test your software to ensure delivering high quality code.
- You have experience with NoSQL databases and you understand how your design decisions impact performance.
- You are experienced integrating third-party APIs.
- Working proficiency in English.
What we offer you:
- An amazing and flexible startup atmosphere with highly motivated and openminded colleagues.
- Modern & developer-friendly TechStack.
- Opportunity to be creative and have a direct impact on the product.
- Flexible working hours, fully remote or/and in our modern offices in Vienna, Berlin, Lyon, London, Madrid, Milan or Athens.
- Career paths and the opportunity for professional career development.
- International surrounding with private courses to improve your language skills.
As we continue to conquer Europe and beyond, we are looking for born leaders who feel right at home in a competitive and fast-paced environment. You are daring and want to make a difference? Would you like to bring in your expertise and support GoStudent in achieving its goals even faster in close cooperation with our C-Level management and founders? As a part of the management team, you’ll be able to implement your big ideas, build processes and structures that ensure our ongoing growth and lead a motivated and passionate team to ensure they unlock their full potential! If this sounds good to you - board the rocket, fast-track your career and revolutionize with us the world of tutoring!