Join our global team of 300+ craftspeople to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As Experienced Backend Engineer you will build greenfield and brownfield, scalable web platforms within the .NET Core environment. In addition to providing input on app architecture, you will create and review pull requests daily and engage with internal teams and directly with clients with an agile environment. You will work in small teams with a product manager, designers and other engineers to scope design and implement features.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a passionate technologist with the discipline to create and finish projects. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are a communicator. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard. This program interacts with teams on the Pacific coast of the US. Successful candidates will have to align a portion of their day to the morning hours of the client.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Design and build scalable enterprise web applications within .NET Core ecosystem
- Write lots of clean, readable, and reusable C# code
- Engage daily with your distributed, remote engineering team working on different layers of the infrastructure
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5 + years of professional experience with .NET Development
- Strong server side development experience utilizing .NET Technologies
- Hands on professional experience using .NET Core
- Experience with web application frameworks, such as ASP.NET Core
- Strong knowledge of SOLID Principles
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#
- Previous experience building scalable enterprise web applications
- Have previous experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Good understanding of CLR and its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Strong hands on experience using Git is required
- Previous experience using TFS is a plus
- Previous professional experience with cloud providers is required. Experience with Azure is definitely a plus
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC -7
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning - Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology
- You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial - always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally