We are currently seeking Senior React/Redux and Node developers. This is a remote position.
The ideal candidate is analytical, highly organized, and self-motivated with a proven track record in delivering modern web application solutions (particularly React/Redux and Node). Beyond strong technical skills, we are looking for someone with mature communication skills and the desire to be a part of a cooperative development effort.
Initially you'll be part of a dedicated project team developing a custom solution in the financial services industry. This role will grow into opportunities to work on other tech stacks and other projects - as a small company you'll always have opportunity to work on new challenges.
This might be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy working at small companies with close-knit teams
- You consider yourself adaptive and enjoy wearing multiple hats
- You consider software development a craft or discipline, and are interested in having that consideration shape your development activities
- You like board games (no really, we have a board game night)
This probably isn't a good fit if you:
- Need a lot of structure or oversight to do your best work. Our remote environment requires team members to be able to tolerate ambiguity and be assertive and communicative when tasks are unclear.
- Are really keenly interested in just one specific technology niche (nothing wrong with that - but you'll probably get frustrated here)
- Need "to be right" all the time. We're a growing, collaborative team that frequently tries new approaches. Team members need to be open to taking risks and reasoning with one another.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years developing web applications
- Expertise with React/Redux
- Expertise with Node
- Experience leading tasks throughout the project lifecycle
- A strong passion to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys interacting with clients and thrives in a highly collaborative fast-paced remote team.
- Familiar with common architectural patterns and functional programming
- Writes clean, well organized, well documented and well-tested code, utilizing language idioms and tools appropriate to the platform
- Thrives in collaborative programming environments with frequent peer reviews.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development
- Experience with Pivotal Tracker, Github, Slack
- Expertise in Native iOS or Android development (esp. in Kotlin or Swift)
Outside of work, we’re a tight-knit group made up of smart, fun, diverse, passionate people. We have games night once a month. (Thanks BoardGamesArena!) And our #random channel in Slack is populated with a dizzying collage of snarky memes, music finds, vacation videos, pet/kids pics, obscure tech news and kurzgesagt Youtube videos.
If this sounds like a fit, we’d love to add you to our team.