Remote Senior Software Engineer - Zazzle: Over 300M+ Unique Products
Type of role: Full time, Remote in the U.S.
Comp: $150k - $210k (highly dependent on experience + work location) + Excellent Benefits
Role title: Senior Software Engineer
Zazzle is the world's leading online marketplace empowering people to create their own products and designs. Their proprietary technology connects consumers, designers, manufacturers and major brands (such as Disney and Marvel), to customize and make anything imaginable. Users can create virtually anything, from customized apparel, invitations, home goods, electronics, to postage stamps. Users can also receive a commission on products that they sell and design themselves.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and operate software on all the Zazzle server clusters, including web servers, search servers, and various service/API servers
- Develop software for all Zazzle workflow systems, tools and batch processes for background processing
- Scale the server clusters to accommodate the increasing traffic to Zazzle
What you may have:
- Top-notch analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Java/C#, or other modern OO programming language skills
- Knowledge of SQL and multi-tier server technologies
- Knowledge of big data frameworks such as Redshift, Kafka, Spark a plus
- Experience building any facet of large-scale websites a big plus
- Bachelors of Science or above in Computer Science (or a related field)
Career Development & Training:
- Lots of internal tech talks by engineering team members.
- Many opportunities to join various industry conferences.
- Project rotations with lots of opportunity to work on latest technologies.