ation Amobee, Inc
You will build world-class identity management and digital audience activation systems. Our systems consume and activate petabytes of data daily, in a geographically distributed, highly performant, and fault-tolerant manner which allows our clients to dramatically grow their brands. This is a high visibility role, the team is responsible for building products that are the cornerstone of our growth strategy.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the development and delivery of applications as well as leading and mentoring junior members of the team. You can expect your time to be split evenly between architecture and coding. You will be given the autonomy to design and deliver new features and applications using the best available technologies and languages whilst solving some of the biggest challenges in the industry. Collaboration is critical to success as you will work with the wider department on bleeding edge advertising, big data, machine learning, and automation technologies.
This position is available fully remote, in-office (Baltimore or Reston), and Hybrid.
- Design, architect, build and Integrate services and components to produce highly-available, fault-tolerant, and low-latency near real-time ETL systems and APIs.
- Develop data streams for analyzing and activating data for use by Amobee’s runtime ad serving systems
- Design systems that dramatically scale our customer’s business and improve the consumer experience
- Set standards for developing high-quality software in an efficient and effective manner.
- Participate and collaborate in the ideation, creation and evolution of global scale infrastructure as needed.
- Meet with product managers to provide guidance, plan, documentation, create estimates, and designs for teams and projects.
- Guide and mentor junior engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering, or comparable work-related experience
- 3+ years of work experience with Java
- 3+ years of experience building RESTful APIs
- Understanding and experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MYSQL, SQL Server, or Oracle)
- Experience with big data processing frameworks (Hadoop, Spark)
- Advanced degree (Masters) in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
- 2+ years of Unix/Linux background including shell-scripting
- Familiarity with NoSQL concepts and platforms (RocksDB, CouchBase, Redis)
- Familiarity with Build Management, Continuous Integration, and Automated Testing (Maven, Jenkins)
- Understanding and comfort with enterprise frameworks for dependency injection, object-relational mapping, and logging (Spring Framework, Hibernate, SLF4J)
The world’s leading independent advertising platform, Amobee unifies all advertising channels—including TV, programmatic and social—across all formats and devices. We provide marketers with streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. Our platform and technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for the convergence of digital and advanced TV— including linear TV, over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video. Enabling advertisers to plan and activate across more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter.
Amobee has been named to Fortune’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising and Marketing. Amobee’s platforms have been widely recognized amongst our industry winning numerous awards in technology innovation, see all Amobee Awards. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest telco companies in the world, reaching over 700 million mobile subscribers in 21 countries. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.