Position: Software Architect
Salary: $180K - $220k (dependent on seniority & work location) + Attractive Early Stage Equity
Location: Fully Remote anywhere in the US or onsite in Los Angeles (post covid)
The Software architect will be responsible for high level architectural specifications and designing to prevent problems of system integration and compatibility. Software architects are comfortable with communicating complex technical concepts and leveraging technology to drive business value. The architect will empower an outstanding team of engineers by mentoring individuals, promoting pragmatic engineering decision-making and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the quality of design decisions and implementation by holding the team to a high standard. You will lead and participate in critical technical design and product discussions with leaders across our various product, operations and engineering teams. You will also help set broad direction and vision, influencing engineering and business strategy.
Outcomes for 12-18 months:
- Partner with engineering and product management to optimize development team structure.
- Partner with engineering management to formalize an internal open source model.
- Partner with engineering and product management to evolve and formalize the definition of platform, including the set of services that constitute the platform.
- Work closely with product teams on vendor evaluations.
- Partner with the leadership team to formalize a build vs buy model.
- Extensive software development background
- 5+ years of experience as a software architect.
- Experience collaborating with product managers, analysts and other engineering and cross functional leaders.
- Deep understanding of full stack technologies and ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance.
- Deep understanding of the software development process and desire to find bottlenecks and propose improvements.
- Experience building scalable RESTful back end services using Java and Spring Boot framework
- Implemented microservices architecture for backend services for delivering highly distributed and resilient architecture
- Implement and believe in automated testing like unit/integration test
- Experience using Swagger for API documentation, SonarQube for code quality
- Strong grasp over database technologies using SQL and NoSQL databases like Postgres, MySQL, HBase/Cassandra, Redis
- Strong understanding of caching technologies like CDN, Redis, Memcache.
- Working knowledge of Docker/Container technologies like Kubernetes or ECS