O'Reilly Auto Parts
Essential Job Functions
- Works with Software Engineers, Database Analysts and Systems Architects to design and create, dependable, scalable, and maintainable systems.
- Develops standards and technical documentation for existing theoretical design of software systems.
- Takes lead role on designing and approving designs of new software or software integrations with 3rd party packages.
- Participates in the discussion surrounding the long-term technical direction of the department.
- Works with software engineers and management to help shape coding standards and software development life cycle best practices.
- Manage tasks and resources while utilizing modern project management principles.
- Perform software and data analysis to uncover issues and solve complicated problems that typically span multiple systems.
- Conduct software demo's to educate and train others in the use of software.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- Understands how to establish the value and cost of an IT project.
- Advanced understanding of change management and the O'Reilly change control process and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others.
- Expert software debugging and testing knowledge.
- Expert knowledge of programming, database systems, and systems analysis and design.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- O’Reilly Auto Parts IT department provides services to our corporate office, 5,600+ stores, 28 distribution centers and 80,000 + team members
- We have over 700 IT team members supporting 250+ small, medium and large web and software applications in addition to third party packages
- We provide a collaborative environment and encourage knowledge sharing
- We respect a healthy work-life balance
- Our teams keep open communication through video conferencing, team messaging and daily stand-ups
- Our leadership values collaboration and encourages team members to bring creative problem-solving ideas from both a technical and functional perspective
- We have several career paths, whether you want to be an individual contributor, manager, project manager, or stay technical – there’s a documented growth plan to help you follow the path you choose
- We want to grow our people – we help to make you better by providing training for both technical and professional development