O'Reilly Auto Parts
ASoftware Architect guides the technical design and direction of enterprise-level software solutions. Our services support various software systems, databases, and third-party packages for internal and external systems including Inventory, Supply Chain, eCommerce, Retail Applications, Enterprise Search and more. Our Software Architects have advanced technical knowledge in all areas of software development, analysis, and design. They are experts on existing software architecture design and inter-connectivity with upstream and downstream systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Works with lead business systems analysts, development teams, project managers and others to design and create, dependable, scalable, and maintainable systems.
- Develops standards and technical documentation for existing design of software systems.
- Takes lead role on designing and approving designs of new software or software integrations with 3rd party packages.
- Participates in the discussion surrounding the long-term technical direction of the department.
- Works with software engineers and management to help shape coding standards and software development life cycle best practices.
- Manage tasks and resources while utilizing modern project management principles.
- Perform software and data analysis to uncover issues and solve complicated problems that typically span multiple systems.
- Conduct software demo's to educate and train others in the use of software.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Understands how to establish the value and cost of an IT project
- Advanced understanding of change management and the O'Reilly change control process and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others
- Experience with the design and development of complex system
- Expert knowledge of programming, database systems, and systems analysis and design
- A bachelor's of science in a technology related field.
- O'Reilly Auto Parts IT department provides services to our corporate office, 5,600+ stores, 28 distribution centers and 80,000 + team members
- We have over 700 IT team members supporting 250+ small, medium and large web and software applications in addition to third party packages
- We provide a collaborative environment and encourage knowledge sharing
- We respect a healthy work-life balance
- Our teams keep open communication through video conferencing, team messaging and daily stand-ups
- Our leadership values collaboration and encourages team members to bring creative problem-solving ideas from both a technical and functional perspective
- We have several career paths, whether you want to be an individual contributor, manager, project manager, or stay technical - there's a documented growth plan to help you follow the path you choose
- We want to grow our people - we help to make you better by providing training for both technical and professional development