O'Reilly Auto Parts
Tentative Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Compensation Range: $65,000.00 - $115,000.00 annually, pay will be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
Bonus: This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on individual goal achievement.
A Software Engineer - Enterprise Search at O'Reilly Auto Parts develops RESTful web services and APIs for the IT commerce platforms to deliver a unified and consistent search experience over our parts catalog for our internal and external customers. Team's web services and APIs are implemented with various software systems including Java, Solr, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Micronaut.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop new features and enhance and support existing applications and programs
- Work with business systems analysts and stakeholders to translate business to technical requirements and problem solve
- Collaborate with project teams and cross functional teams to troubleshoot open issues and bug-fixes
- Collaborate, coach and mentor team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements
- Write and maintain readable, sustainable, and efficient code in highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Own applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Debug and test code as needed
- Create and update advanced technical documentation
Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices of the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, testing, build and release engineering processes with focus on automation and end to end traceability
- Web service development and API development skills
- Working understanding of databases including writing and amending queries in SQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL
- Experience working in DevOps including continuous integration and continuous deployment using technologies like Git, Jenkins, Postman, Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence
- Experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of end users and multiple management layers, including the ability to interact with vendors as needed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.