amazon web services
Position: Sr. or Lead Site Reliability Engineer
Locations: Fully remote anywhere in the US
Work Visa's: No sponsorships are available at this time
Comp: $150K - $200K (highly dependent on seniority and work location) + equity + 25 days PTO, 401k matching, private medical
What You’ll Do
MariaDB is building a DBaaS (database-as-a-service) to provide ease of provisioning and running MariaDB enterprise database in the Cloud for their customers and provide tools to help for ease of manageability, configurability and observability. The role will involve packaging our new internal SkySQL (DBaaS) product and working on various build processes.
Experience we're looking for:
- Solid coding / scripting ability ideally using Python, Go or Bash
- Kubernetes power user
- Self-motivated & able to work autonomously
- Effectively collaborate remotely with other engineers and product in geo-distributed teams
- Working with Product Management and Engineering articulating, pushing and implementing standardized best practices across the company.
- Deep understanding of Cloud technologies such as AWS (preferred), GCP or Azure
- Experience with Docker manufacturing and management
- Ansible for Configuration management, application deployment, intraservice orchestration, and provisioning
- Experience with GitHub, DockerHub
- Competent DB skills using MariaDB or MySQL
- Testing new products and features prior to QA, pre-validate their compliance with the customer and market requirements.
Bonus If You Have
- Good understanding of working with Kubernetes operators and debugging
- Knowledge of C/C++ for code reviews and debugging purposes - our server engine is written in C/C++
- Familiarity with databases in the cloud
- Experience with ColumnStore databases