ruby on rails
Remote Jobs in Worldwide>
About the role
The Digital Operations team solve distinct business problems within Vodafone. Over the year the Digital Operations team work across several new greenfield projects with very little code overlap between each application. There is a great deal of technical autonomy in how solutions are developed , with a strong emphasis on understanding the business requirements and turning that into Ruby code as you see fit.
We're looking for a talented and enthusiastic Ruby Engineer to join our engineering team, bringing with you a broad range of experiences and a passion for modern development technologies and practices. Working with the prototyping manager and developers across the team you'll create agile web prototypes, operating under a rapid agile model to solve business needs for our internal customers. You'll create solutions quickly but elegantly with a product-oriented mindset who cares more about the purpose and customer value than the lower-level computation details. You'll be given freedom to challenge the status quo and suggest technologies and ways to better supply data & information to Vodafone and our customers.
You'll be responsible for:
• Working with the Prototyping Manager to address data needs through the use of latest available technologies
• Enable data discovery through elegant solutions that can be widely accessed and address business needs.
• Track and analyse metrics to ensure that prototypes are adopted and used across the organization..
• Automate & combine data streams within business intelligence tools to provide new insights and reporting capabilities
• Work with Prototyping Manager to assist Group BI and VGE GT/BI to consolidate CMI data sources into a single instance.
Competencies that'll help you in this role...
• Experience and an aptitude for working with data warehouses & business intelligence tools
• Motivated to create & develop more efficient reporting systems, processes and procedures
• Experience working in a complex matrix environment and effectively interacting with multiple stakeholders
To be successful you're going to need...
• 2+ years Ruby experience using TDD (Test Driven Development)
• PL/SQL Oracle database knowledge (be able to create schemas, views materialized views and schedules)
• Experience deploying applications, including hosting multiple sites on the server. HTTP server experience in nginx or Apache.
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. We’re proud to provide a Reconnect programme with flexibility for individuals returning to work after a career break. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.