ruby on rails
Headquarters: Carlsbad, CA
At Planning Center, we build powerful web and mobile applications for churches. Each of our eight products has a dedicated team of designers and developers committed to refining and expanding that product in response to real customer needs. Our customers include over 90 of the 100 largest churches in the country, and tens of thousands of small community churches. We strive to make day-to-day operations easier for all of them.
- Take ownership of your projects, shaping what we’ll build and how we’ll build it
- Collaborate with your product manager, front-end designer, and fellow team developers.
- Engage in a healthy culture of code reviewing and pairing alongside a team of smart, thoughtful, like-minded developers.
Developers at Planning Center are:
- Invested. We care about the products we create and the people we create them for, and we all contribute to the vision and direction of our products. Every one of our developers is critical to their team.
- Curious. We aren’t afraid to ask questions, experiment, and iterate. We also love playing with fun new technologies & processes, and we take time every few months to do just that.
- Humble. We are always looking for opportunities to grow and learn from one another.
Where we work:
- Submit your application by July 18, 2021.
- You’ll be asked to complete a coding challenge to assess your technical skills and background.
- We’ll have a followup video call with a developer or two from our team where we’ll discuss your code submission and get to know each other a bit.
- Next is another technical exercise with the product team that you’ll be working with. Here we’ll work through some bugs and features on a toy app that resembles our stack and the kinds of problems we typically work on.
- A call with our co-founders and leadership team where you’ll be able to learn about our vision and values as well as ask any questions you may have for them. We know that a new job is a big leap and we want you to be as comfortable as possible!
- It's offer time! Throughout all the previous steps, your expertise and experience have been assessed against our well defined developer levels and the salary amount of the offer will be decided solely based on that assessment. At Planning Center, every developer of the same skill level makes the same amount (plus a small bonus for seniority). We aim to pay at the 90th percentile for each level based on research from Payscale.
- Start Date: We are hoping for you to start on September 7th, but are flexible for the right person!
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to travel four times each year to connect with the rest of the team in person, but not during a pandemic.
- Proven experience as a full stack developer (or similar role) using Ruby, Rails, and React.
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage
- Company contribution to a 401(k)
- Mobile phone stipend
- Co-working stipend
- Health stipend for counseling or a gym membership
- Charitable giving match
- Paid maternity, paternity, or bonding leave
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid Fridays off in the summer
- Continual education allowance for books, videos, or conferences
If you've applied in the past, feel free to apply again!