Remote - within 3hrs of CET preferred
Rust developer for innovative blockchain project
About us - Mintlayer
Mintlayer is an open source Bitcoin sidechain that improves direct token interoperability and enables ways to trade value, create systems, functionalities, and participate in truly trustless finance.
For more information visit our website
About you - who we are looking for
We're looking for experienced developers to work on our core blockchain project. We're using substrate and rust to build Mintlayer so any experience with either would prove handy. Rust and substrate experience aren't essential however and if you have experience in another low level language like c or c++ then we're interested in hearing from you. An interest in blockchain and/or cryptocurrenies would be beneficial.
If you have any cryptography experience then we have roles that would suit you specifically but experience with cryptography is by no means required.
We're after people who do not shy away from exploring new languages and tools, acquiring the skills they need to get the job done and that have opinions about their favorite open source projects.
A successful candiate will have
- Good experience with a low level language (c, c++, rust)
- Great written and spoken English
- Experience working with an asynchronous remote team (preferred but not essential)
- Understanding of security issues and best practices
- You can read, understand and implement a RFC or a specification
- Remote first company - work from wherever you feel like
- It is possibile to apply for residency in San Marino
- Salary can be paid in Bitcoin if you'd like
- Budget for devices/conference etc
- Flexible working hours
- Periodic team hangouts around the world (COVID permitting)