As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) you will work with the Sales team to build a pipeline by prospecting through cold calls, emails and sales enrichment research. On a typical day, you will be responding to inbound inquiries, proactively running outreach campaigns, and conducting initial discovery calls to qualify opportunities for our Sales team.
The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team.
This position has advancement potential within the Sales organization, and the compensation package includes an uncapped commission structure.
You are a smart communicator who can establish clear value propositions that connect buyer/user needs to the product and services we offer. You are also very talented with the written word and can engage prospects through email conversations that lead to qualified meetings and a strong pipeline contribution.
You can leverage your sales process training to dutifully manage pipeline development, or you are coachable by nature and ready to be trained up. You'd be a great fit if you have some experience in media, content marketing or SaaS environments, and you are familiar with sales platforms such as PipeDrive, Outreach.io, or Yesware.
- Previous experience with inbound/outbound lead generation
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and high activity levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and data hygiene
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- High energy, driven attitude. Comfortable and flexible in an evolving, growing start-up work environment
- Experience working in a technology-based organization.
- Experience using a CRM system
- Experience using a prospecting tool, preferably Yesware
- Learn and execute proven processes to generate new sales opportunities
- Strategize with top-producing Sale Leadership
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts
- Orchestrate discussions with senior execs around their business needs
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Leverage CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and verticals
- Coachable and Positive
- Confident, not cocky
- Speak eloquently and concisely
- Desire to hustle and prove oneself
- Experience using some sort of CRM system
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Collaborative, transparent, and supportive culture
We are a fast-growing company. Employees are based mostly in Canada and Denver, Colorado, but we have people working remotely from a wide range of locations. We hire people who reflect our core values, generally referred to as the "Five C's": Curious - Intellectually and business-wise; Customer-focused - In everything we do; Collaborative - We're people people, and we like each other and like working together; Connected - We're fundamentally media and news entrepreneurs - we're connected to the world and our communities and our interests and each other; Change Agents - We're rethinking how expert analysis and opinion gets created. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
- To learn more about deke go to