In the time it takes you to read this job ad, around 100 new accounts will have signed up to Linktree.
If you read through the requirements as a checklist and haven't ticked every box, please don't rule yourself out just yet. We've seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. So if you think you have what it takes, hit that apply button or message me (Mitch).
What you will own:
Leading in your role isn't working on your own, though - you will report to our Head of Growth Jess Box and you'll work with her and Hannah Douglas on growth strategy and Dean Long who is our first technical SEO team member.
The SEO Lead will build the strategy and ensure the quality of the execution of the SEO organic growth engine at Linktree. This includes Technical, Off-Page and On-Page strategies and leading internal and external resources to achieve our goals.
You will work within our Growth team to drive SEO, partner with the brand team to ensure tone of voice is consistent and look to build and grow our internal SEO team capabilities. You’ll investigate how we currently work and help us optimise as you grow into your role, including the required team to build our ambitions. We’re just getting started as a company, so joining us now means lots of opportunities for influence on the direction we’re going.
Where and how we work:
We are a global, diverse group across age, gender, and race and offer a truly flexible and family friendly work environment. Kids, pets and the occasional delivery person are all actively encouraged to appear on our Zoom screens. All of us at Linktree work either fully remote or a hybrid "remote and in-office sometimes" approach and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
We currently have offices in Melbourne, Sydney with LA coming next but our team is spread across Australia, Brazil, Indonesia, USA, Canada, Ireland and Nigeria.
Being globally distributed doesn't mean you need to change your time zone, and we offer autonomy and flexibility in how you structure your days and weeks. There will be the need for some collaboration outside of a "normal" 9-5 as we are a global company, but we aim to work asynchronously where possible.
Our culture & benefits:
Linktree's company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We have a paid 18-week parental leave program that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle
- We are proud to offer all regular full-time and part-time employees 20 hours' paid volunteering leave per calendar year.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training on neurodiversity, unconscious bias, and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- We prioritise our team's mental health, all employees have free access to Headspace and Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
- All Linktree staff receive $1000 AUD towards setting up their work from home space
Want to know what a day in this role could look like here?
Building SEO processes and SOPs, create everything from how SEO briefs should be created to what the project management flow will look like.
Develop our keyword strategy - what do we want to rank for and why based on search volumes across the world.
Hire and develop an SEO Writer, Link builder, Designer and Front End Developer, becoming the manager of this squad. You will also establish agency relationships, strategies, and budgets.
Define our URL and site structure, sitemap through to back-linking, partnership, and landing strategies. Handle the allocation of resources (internal and agency) for execution.
What we are looking for
- Experience as SEO Lead, Head of SEO, or Senior SEO Management positions for a global brand, ideally within the consumer tech or SaaS space
- Demonstrable experience in your SEO strategies resulting in improved traffic and rankings
- Team management experience, ideally with leading people from a broad range of SEO skillsets i.e. link builders, writers, developers and designers
- A lot of things need to move in harmony and work together to plan, deliver, and manage quality content + supporting on and off page factors so supreme organisational skills are a must
The Linktree Story
The average number of social media accounts is close to 9 per person these days. Chances are you’re also using more than 3-4 social media platforms - But where should someone who wants to discover more about you achieve that? In a highly fragmented digital world, the concept of presenting your whole self feels overwhelming to most - and that’s where Linktree comes in.
Creating this category 5 years ago, we launched a simple tool that allowed anyone to manage their corner of the online world. Want to link all your social media accounts under one link? Thinking of turning your passion into your income? Want to share your ideas, beliefs, or even just a playlist you like? Linktree has the platform to help you get it done.
It sounds good, we hear you say, but how do I know if it works? Fair question - why don’t you take it up with Facebook, TikTok, Redbull, HBO, Metallica, Alicia Keys, Selena Gomez, or Michelle Obama? They’re all using Linktree!
With an average sign up rate of 30,000+ new users per day for the past 18 months (with no signs of stopping), and with our latest funding round of $45M USD announced recently, we’re on our way to make a real impact on the digital world - and we’d love for you to join us for this ride.