This is a fully remote US based position
In 2013, two release engineers in Madrid managing hundreds of Salesforce deployments across a multitude of different orgs, sandboxes and even countries, built the first end-to-end native DevOps platform for Salesforce. Seven years later, we are Copado. With over 500 global employees and an amazing growth trajectory, our solutions are trusted by some of the largest brands in the world such as Shell, Mass Mutual, Conga, Siemens, USAA, eBay and Coca Cola.
Brief summary of role:
Copado is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. Reporting into the VP, Corporate Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day ownership of the general ledger and the month-end close process, with a primary focus on the order to cash process. This individual will work closely with the Revenue Operations team and perform all activities related to the revenue recognition process, including implementing scalable accounting processes to support the Company's top-line growth over the next few years.
- Support the daily operations of the order to cash process to drive quality and efficiency
- Support the revenue monthly and quarterly close procedures to ensure timely and accurate closing of the books for internal and external reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements
- Own commissions accounting in accordance with ASC 606 principles; partner closely with the RevOps team to analyze, reconcile, and book commission entries monthly.
- Oversee revenue improvements to streamline and scale our existing financial systems and operations
- Support acquisition integration from a revenue perspective, as necessary
- Define and measure critical metrics and KPIs that accurately reflect operational and financial performance of the team
- Provide regular and ad hoc reports and updates on revenue. Ensure there is always sufficient information flow among the appropriate stakeholders.
- Lead and/or assist with ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Liaise with internal and external groups, such as Billing, Collections, RevOps, Deal Desk, Legal, Sales, Product, Internal and External Audit
- Ensure existing systems are operating effectively, and any new systems are designed to optimize resources and automate manual processes
- Support a culture of high-quality work, team collaboration and continuous improvement
- A bachelor's degree related to accounting/finance or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of accounting experience, including a background in public accounting
- System savvy with implementation experience; NetSuite experience strongly preferred
- Confidence working in spreadsheets to facilitate account reconciliations and information across different systems (pivot tables, v-lookups, advanced filters)
- Proactive, independent, accountable, and responsible - must be eager to drive best practices, initiatives, and continuous process improvement
- Proven experience working in a team under pressure to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to communicate the "big picture"
- A CPA license (or eligibility to sit for the CPA exam)
- Master's degree related to accounting/finance or equivalent
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms)
- Experience with Enterprise B2B SaaS business models strongly preferred
- Experience with customer contracts with multiple performance obligations
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce systems
- Interest in understanding how IT systems and workflows are designed
- Experience with adopting ASC 606
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.