Location: USA Type: Full-time
Remote Jobs in USA>
Shogun is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the world's best remote company.
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
Shogun is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Finance team, reporting into the Controller. As a Senior Accountant, you will oversee day to day operational tasks, while also partnering closely with our Finance leadership to evaluate and recommend best practices. This person will need to have a strategic mindset while looking for ways to innovate our current processes. This individual will be our first in-house accountant so we are looking for a passionate person who is not afraid to jump in and make an immediate impact.
What You’ll do:
- Work to bring more of the accounting practices in-house
- Daily tasks include timely expense entries, managing the AP queue in bill.com, prepare customer invoices as needed and monthly intercompany invoices
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries and document business transactions appropriately
- Reconcile weekly cash sheet and monthly bank statements, as well as apply cash receipts as needed
- Review Shogun’s current accounting processes and systems to provide recommendations for improvements that are in compliance with US GAAP standards
- Support and prepare documentation throughout the accounting function
- Assist in the monthly close of the company's financial statements and prepare account reconciliations
- Work to automate systems where necessary
- Work with other departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
What You’ll Bring
Need to Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 4-7 years of accounting experience
- CPA certification or similar
- You have experience creating and implementing accounting policies and procedures
- You are highly proficient in MS Excel
- You have excellent time management skills; ability to multitask and meet critical deadlines
- You take ownership of your assigned responsibilities and role
- You are well-versed in U.S. GAAP
Nice to Have:
- You have experience working at one of the big 4 firms
- You have experience in a startup tech environment
- You have experience working with NetSuite
- You have experience in tax accounting
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.