Job Description Velocity, A Managed Services Company is looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Android Developer who wants to play a critical role in the development, design, and build of high-end, scalable software solutions that push application development to its limits. You will integrate with a team of like-minded individuals who are self-driven to succeed, have positive attitudes, and use innovation to build next generation Mobile and TV Applications.
· Design, build, and maintain native applications across Android devices with priority on a positive user experience and scalability.
· Write clean and modular code that adheres to standards, minimizes technical debt, and improves code coverage.
· Keep quality at the forefront of all work that is performed.
· Assist in maintaining old projects by working on bug reports and creating new features.
· Create issues that help track improvements that are needed on projects.
· Perform occasional self-evaluation on personal skillset and work on improving and learning new concepts and technologies.
· Perform all duties and tasks as assigned to fulfill departmental and business needs.
· Passionate in creating solutions for end-users with quality-focused design and functionality.
· Self-driven and focused to achieve a high level of productivity and turnover of tasks and projects.
· Upholds an elevated attention to detail to ensure superior solutions are applied in all work.
· Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and has a knack for debugging code to find issues.
· Utilizes excellent communication skills to discuss and plan projects and work and interactions with customers are always positive.
· Collaborates well within the team to provide feedback on others’ work and integrates well during project work to sustain accurate and timely solutions.
· Eagerness to rapidly dive into existing code projects (potentially undocumented) to become intimate with project intentions and features.
Knowledge and Abilities
· Ability to build AOSP from source.
· Deep understanding of Java development with respect to practices (TDD/CI), paradigms (Functional/OOP), and common design patterns.
· Familiarity with Java to debug and or extend lower level modules.
· General knowledge of device simulators and use of terminal commands, process management, and networking concepts for efficient local testing.
· Experience with version control systems using Git and Git-based repository services (GitHub/GitLab).
· General knowledge of device security, the integration of CORS and CSP, and the familiarity of common OWASP concepts.
· Experience with implementing code testing including functional, integration, and unit tests.
· Experience with development tools including IDEs, terminals, and other common development tools.
· Familiarity of the Java ecosystem and the utilization of third-party libraries.
· Experience configuring and using compilers, package signers, package bundlers, and linters.
Optional Knowledge and Abilities
The following qualifications are not needed but are considered extremely beneficial when working this position.
· Knowledge in C and C++ programming languages.
Minimum Required Experience
· 5+ years developing Android Apps, using Java, using frameworks and/or modern libraries.
· 5+ years of demonstrable experience with real-world Android projects.
· Strong knowledge of Android Architecture.
· 8+ years developing Android Apps, using Java, using frameworks and/or modern libraries.
· 8+ years of demonstrable experience with real-world Android projects.
· 1+ years developing with the Android NDK.
· 1+ years development of the Android TV Suite.
· Portfolio demonstrating relevant experience and project work.
Velocity delivers a streamlined, single-source approach to managed services for over 15 years – continually earning the trust of its growing client base in the retail, hospitality, and motion picture industries. With an in-house team of seasoned software development and engineering experts and numerous hardware and software design and utility patents, Velocity offers highly customized, customer-focused and best-in-class solutions, by integrating the latest technologies available into all its product offerings. From development to implementation and upkeep, Velocity manages all aspects of the service and deployment, allowing customers to keep their focus on their core principal business priorities. Velocity’s core services include network management, connectivity and telecommunications, on-site repairs and service, and field project rollouts and implementations.
Based in Holland, Ohio, right outside of Toledo, Velocity is a privately held company with approximately 500 employees. The company has 13 redundant data centers, more than 5,500 certified technicians throughout the U.S., and 450 carrier agreements and is a CLEC in all 50 states. Further information can be found at www.velocitymsc.com.