At Sova, we take real pride in our technology, whilst sticking to the Sova values of Making Science Work, Different Together, Restless Spirits, Ever Upwards. We are looking for an Angular Front End Developer to support and deliver the on-going software which makes Sova a great place to work!
From problem solving to new concept ideas, you have a genuine opportunity to unleash your full potential and creativity on a variety of software projects.
If you’re a seasoned developer, with a love for front-end technologies and you want to play a significant role in building functional and efficient front-end applications, we’d like to meet you!
The role will include:
- Participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Integrating front-end components into applications.
- Helping design and implement functional requirements.
- Manage testing and bug fixes.
- Preparing technical documentation.
- Collaborating with Product Owners and UX/UI designers to implement designs into the code.
- Checking code from other developers and help to coach junior team members.
- Implementing software enhancements and suggest improvements.
- Mentoring junior developers.
What’s the work like?
There are a number of different tasks and projects we expect front end developers to be involved with, but here’s an idea of some of the upcoming projects we have on the roadmap:
- Major re-platforming programme including implementing a brand new user interface
- Gamification projects
- Machine learning projects
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid hands-on experience with the following languages/frameworks:
- Angular 6+ (3+ years)
- Experience with a redux store in the Angular context: ngrx, ngxs, akita, etc.
- Advanced RxJS skills
- Google Material & Angular Material XP appreciated
- Experience of implementing responsive web applications
- Optionally any experience in backend development of Python 3
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and REST API
- An understanding of databases and SQLM
- Experience on developing and delivering scalable applications
- Strong communication skills to team members and clients
- Ideally have led teams and mentored others
- A BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field (or equivalent experience)
Where will I be working?
We recognise that work doesn’t just happen in an office, indeed at Sova all of our colleagues work flexibly. In practice this means you have access to office space in central London where we regularly spend time together as a team, but you’ll also be supported to work from home. Whatever you’re doing, we’ll make sure you have all the tools and equipment you need to be effective, connected and part of the team. (Please note that during the current national lockdown, our office is closed and everyone at Sova is working remotely).
Please note, we are only looking for UK-based applicants.