Remote / Seattle
As a developer nothing feels better than coming across a beautifully designed API. Thoroughly documented, easy to understand resources, fast queries with predicable responses. A true delight to build against. We're looking to create an API developers can love as we help them build the future of computing. That is where you come in.
Why this Role?
- Build the next big thing: Rainway aims to bring desktop software to billions of new devices worldwide by creating new ways for developers to distribute and build their products. We are creating the world Xerox PARC imagined decades ago. You can help us realize this dream.
- Work with some of the best engineers in the world: A team of less than 5 from all over the world built technology that is used and trusted by some of the largest companies in the world. Learn from a team with decades of combined experience and share your own. We're stronger together.
- Join us at a magical time: You not only get to design and build one of our core products, but also help define the culture of the company as a whole.
About this Role
So, what will you do as a Senior API Developer?
- Design and implement high performance scalable database-centric serverless microservices and RESTful APIs
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll out applications with cross-functional impact
- Own continuous improvement and fine tuning of API performance, scalability and security
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes
This might be for you if you have...
- A strong API development background with an understanding of developing external facing APIs to be used by customers and their products
- 5+ years of backend experience: NodeJS, JSON, REST, JWT, Micro Services, MongoDB, NoSQL
- 4+ years of AWS Lambda
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Experience development of large-scale consumer facing micro-services solution is highly recommended
- Experience building serverless solutions is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- A flexible approach to analyzing technical issues and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions
- What benefits can I expect?
- Top of the line health, dental, and vision insurance.
- New laptop/equipment of your choice.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Parental leave.
- A large spacious office with amenities to your heart's desire (although note that currently we are on a full time work from home policy).
- Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
- This role is full-time. We have an office in Seattle, but currently all Seattle based employees work from home. This role is not limited to local candidates, fully remote candidates are welcome apply.
- Do you sponsor visas?
- At the moment, we're not able to sponsor or transfer visas for this role.
How to Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Please send us an email to [email protected]!
- Include this role's title in your subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails).
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done, e.g. your portfolio, LinkedIn, GitHub, code samples.
- Your curated Spotify playlist.
- Keep it real ????