ation Engineer OneRail
As one of the top five fastest growing companies in Orlando, OneRail's need for best-in-class team members also continues to expand. We are excited to be adding multiple Senior Application Engineer career opportunities. These roles will join our Technical Operations Team in our Orlando, Florida headquarters and report to the VP, Engineering. The Positions are eligible to telecommute from a remote workspace. However, preference/priority will always be given to candidates who express the ability to work on site at OneRail HQ in Orlando, FL (ZIP code 32819).
As a Senior Application Engineer at OneRail, you join a team of talented engineers working together to transform final mile logistics and supply chain operations. Your role will be understanding customer use cases and determining the technical touchpoints, augmentations, and messaging required to deliver a successful launch. You will then work with the core development team to implement requirements and help to drive future configuration design.
OneRail is a technology company innovating solutions for multi-modal delivery. We have built and continue to develop a delivery orchestration platform that connects shippers to an extensive courier ecosystem to automate, optimize and control the entire delivery supply chain, from the demand signal to the proof of delivery. Your thought leadership and development skills are critical to our success. Our approach to product development is very collaborative. We seek high performing developers who enjoy participating in business discussions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Discover connectivity and other configuration and technical requirement changes needed for integration with customers
- Work as part of a team developing services using Agile development methods
- Build back-end services for communicating over REST APIs and enterprise messaging systems
- Working with the product and technical team to determine encapsulation of new requirements
- Code, test and operate Node.js based services
- Effectively use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix defects before they become a problem
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Previous working experience as a Node.js Developer for at least 3 years
- Experience working with clients and gathering client requirements
- Development experience in Typescript
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
- Strong holistic systems design and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with distributed systems including message queues
- Experience working within CI/CD environments
- Azure experience a plus
OneRail is an innovative technology startup located in Orlando, Florida. We are a delivery orchestration platform that provides multi-modal delivery automation, optimization, and real-time visibility for enterprise clients, all in one place. OneRail connects shippers to an extensive courier ecosystem to enable same day, parcel, LTL, next day, scheduled, and economy delivery selected through automation and rate shopping across all modes.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Comprehensive voluntary benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- 4% 401K Match
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Team Building Events
- Flexible PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen of snacks and coffee
- In-office gym access