American Cybersystems, Inc.
REMOTE Senior AWS Cloud Engineer for Geospatial Operations - Job KB242982
My name is David Slaymaker and my company, Analysts/American Cybersystems is seeking to fill an exciting full-time Senior AWS Cloud Engineer position to support the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) at the Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center ( ). While the Center is located near Sioux Falls, SD, this is a REMOTE position.
The successful candidate will receive $135,000 to $150,000 (based upon experience) to perform an integral commission for the Land Processes Distributed Active Archive Center (LP AAC, AAC, ), a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) funded project by performing all facets of systems engineering for the USGS Landstat (a geospacial project's archive and access System.
Additional Background Information: The LP DAAC operates as a partnership between the USGS and NASA and is a component of NASA's Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS). Data scientists, system engineers, user service representatives, and outreach staff work together to support LP DAAC activities and distribute data to the science user community.
- Lead in the evaluation, implementation, and deployment of processes & capabilities to advance hybrid-cloud strategy for the client's customers
- Work with the larger design team to architect full hybrid-cloud solutions
- Develop and maintain systems management tools to manage hybrid-cloud infrastructure provisioning, monitoring, auditing, de-provisioning using Python, Ansible and other tools
- Work closely with the Architects and Engineers to design networks, systems, and storage environment that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements for client's customers
- Manage a continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology for Infrastructure technologies using industry standards such as Jenkins and GitLab Runners
- Work with engineering and architecture teams to design and implement scalable software services
- Lead and participate in a cross functional team environment to provide troubleshooting and support around core business applications
- Candidate will be expected to be able to manage multiple complex commitments in a dynamic environment.
- Three years of continuous residency in the United States
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering
- Minimum 8 years system engineering experience
- Six years of AWS cloud experience
- Proficient in developing scripts using scripting languages
- Public cloud Infrastructure engineering experience including monitoring, security, governance, and integration
- Experience with DevOps & CI/CD concepts and tools - Jenkins and/or GitLab Runners
- Proven ability to work across teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication and influencing skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex priorities in a dynamic environment
- The ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong aptitude to learn and passion for problem solving.
Good to have skills:
- One or more Professional AWS Certifications
- Experience with agile techniques and methods
- Familiarity with modern Software Engineering principles
- Experience engineering and deploying public sector solutions.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
If you possess the needed skillset/experience and are interested in an exciting and challenging career in the geospatial field, I invite you to apply then call David Slaymaker at 507-two five zero-4420.
- provided by Dice