Headquarters: San Francisco
If you have experience with Go, building scalable server-side applications and are looking for a challenging work environment where you can grow and deepen your technical chops, we'd love to chat with you.
As a team, we try to keep learning from each other in a collaborative environment and are extremely passionate about engineering. We’re open to bringing in new technologies, tools and patterns to make our engineering experience continuously better.
- Participate in the entire dev life-cycle from pitch/prototyping through definition and design to build, integration, QA and continuous delivery.
- Work with the product team to build and iterate on Hasura's offerings.
- Perform code reviews.
- Setting up CI/CD tooling & best-practices with great DX for the dev team.
- Identify bottlenecks and improve the application performance.
- Plan and execute mid to long-term strategies that benefit the team and the product.
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary.
- Understand engineering metrics and seek to improve them.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are an experienced backend/fullstack engineer who can lead projects, engage stakeholders, and empower other engineers in order to achieve goals.
- You have experience in building performant, scalable microservices.
- You have a thirst for evolving server-side architectures and modern web technology stacks.
- You have experience in writing idiomatic, maintainable Go code.
- You understand the nature of asynchronous programming, its quirks, and workarounds.
- You have experience in working with container technologies like Docker.
- You are familiar with writing integration and unit tests.
- You are familiar with CI/CD and build automation tools.
- You take delight in shipping amazing products and being obsessive about the little things around user experience
- Strong communication skills in person, on paper and in code.
- Experience and comfort working in a collaborative environment like Slack, GitHub etc.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: a Bachelors in CS or equivalent experience.
Bonus points for:
- You have experience having led a team of backend/fullstack engineers.
- You have written, deployed and debugged microservices on Kubernetes.
- You have written a Kubernetes Operator.
- You are familiar with GraphQL.
- You have experience working with relational databases, Postgres in particular.
- You maintain a blog.
- You engage in community activities and like speaking at meetups, conferences and sharing what you’ve learnt.
- You’ve worked on building developer tools at work, in open-source projects or as a side gig :)
This role is fully remote. We hire in most countries. If you're applying from the US, we hire remotely in these 10 states in the US: Illinois, Virginia, California, Washington State, Maryland, Florida, Colorado, Massachusetts, Oregon, New York or this role will be based out of our office in Bangalore, India.
Working at Hasura:
At Hasura, we help developers build modern apps and APIs faster. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both Hasura as well as the larger developer ecosystem.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the developer experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for our users.
We offer competitive salaries, have a generous vacation policy and provide health insurance for everyone employed with Hasura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/hasura-senior-backend-go-engineer