As creators of innovative software for the future market of iGaming, Ancient strives to go against
the traditional route of building slot machine software. We operate with the firm belief that we’re
building desirable software for the next big spending generation: younger players who are
seeking iGaming entertainment to enjoy themselves and with friends. With that in mind, we’re
now looking for a senior back-end engineer to grow our established team and to help us innovate, build and grow Ancient further and to always help us stay one step ahead.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a flat structured team of multicultural professionals on an anytime : anywhere remote business model. Sounds interesting? Read on....
What you will do:
- Build scalable, highly-available, robust systems and ensure their continuous delivery.
- Take full ownership of features and code, from the inception of ideas to deployment,
maintenance and keeping it running.
- Be involved in the communities of the businesses by having a ‘Developer’ tag in the
chatboxes, which will get you a lot of attention from the customers, receiving real-time
feedback for the products you build.
- Become a member of our back-end engineering culture, learning from other talented
people, and sharing your own knowledge.
- Engineer new features at scale in a fresh codebase without legacy code.
- Participate in technical discussions as part of the team. You should be ready to
challenge our architecture, propose changes, and ultimately implement them.
Examples of projects you’ll be working on:
https://www.csgoroll.com Community social gaming platform targeted towards CSGO
players, with unique in-house custom built games such as Roulette, Crash, Unboxing,
PVP with the capability to bet and win Skins in real-time
https://www.hypedrop.com Buy and open Mystery Boxes in real-time featuring the
Unboxing game where people can unbox real life products and have them shipped to
https://www.hypeup.com (currently in development) is an item focused iGaming brand
where users may wager their balance or items from their “Inventory” vs other people’s
items from their Inventory such as Watches, Electronics, Sneakers and more, and may
redeem their contents physically upon withdrawal.
These projects use the same codebase and share libraries of components and modules.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone with a strong background in video gaming is preferred, since much of our
target market are gamers, and also gamification concepts are now widely adopted.
- An intuitive understanding of how games work and the motivation behind them is helpful
- Someone with minimum 3 yrs experience in Node/TypeScript, SQL (Postgres or similar), Redis and GraphQL
- Additional experience with Google Cloud, Postgres, Sequelize would be a plus
- A full-time team member that can stay on-task in a remote environment.
What's on offer?
- Fully remote flexible working
- Young, fun, flat structured rapidly growing company
- Duplicating multiple brands
- Diverse portfolio: gamified e-commerce, video game arcade, iGaming
- Entirely modern stack, no legacy code
- And a great remuneration package!