Senior Backend Engineer (Nodejs/TypeScript)
Location: Global Type: Full-time
Remote Jobs in Global>
Senior Backend Engineer (Nodejs/TypeScript)
Headquarters: Gdańsk, Poland
Join 11Sigma, a diverse, worldwide team of uniquely talented software engineers.
We are a remote-first company that helps early-stage, high-potential startups (such as stoplight.io and briza.com), that we think have a chance to become the next Uber/Netflix/GitHub. All startups in our network are pre-screened by us for great culture, amazing products, and growth possibilities.
We are driven by the vision of a world of fair opportunities and the freedom of choice enabled by remote work.
11Sigma is about exploring. Both literal, as in a journey, as well as an openness, growth mindset, and curiosity of life and at work. We believe that remote work is a lifestyle, it’s about the culture, values, and mindset.
11Sigma engineers are motivated problem solvers, travelers, digital nomads, caring parents, creators. To us, life is an adventure, and the world is incredibly interesting. We are hungry to learn new things and explore our potential.
If you feel inspired to join an empowering community of exceptional tech experts, and build game-changing products - we are looking for you!
Currently, we are looking for a new team member to join our 11Sigma crew at Briza (our partner). Briza is a series-A insurtech startup originating from Canada. They have recently raised $8M and are growing rapidly. You'll be working with 11Sigma and Briza engineers on creating a one-stop-shop product integrating multiple insurance carriers into a hustle-free service.
The challenge is to find effective ways to integrate APIs from insurance companies that often use slightly different language to describe similar things. You will need to quickly understand domain-specific language and apply your knowledge to integrate new carriers as well as suggest and lead ways to optimize the process.
The product we are working on is like “Stripe for insurance”. It’s revolutionizing the market allowing brokers to get insurance offers from multiple carriers and purchase them directly through the Briza app. We deliver value to small business owners that can finally get insurance tailored to their needs in a matter of minutes, not weeks!
We are looking for an honest, team-oriented, and ambitious person, with a clear sense of ownership. An ideal candidate can communicate clearly in a remote-first environment and is capable of driving innovation at a fast-growth startup.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in professional software development
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Your primary location is in one of the following timezones: GMT-5, GMT-4, GMT-3, GMT-1, GMT, GMT+1, GMT+2
Nice To Have
- Experience in writing automated tests (unit, integration) and strive to always do so
- Experience in building widely-consumed REST-based API platforms using Node.js / Typescript / similar programming languages
- The ability to research and communicate your ideas in software design and architecture discussions
- Experience in writing unit tests (we use Jest)
- Experience with functional programming
- Prior C# or Go experience
- Prior experience with insurance tech or fintech
- Prior fast-growth startup experience
- Research, analyze and integrate third-party insurance carrier APIs.
- Integrating some of the third-party APIs may require some reverse engineering and thorough investigation.
- Design, build and maintain an API platform, services, and systems with fellow product designers and developers.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Provide support and mentoring to other team members, be a good team player.
Our technology stack
- API: Node.js + TypeScript, PostgreSQL, Redis
- UI: Vue.js
- Cloud infrastructure: AWS (Fargate, RDS, ElasticCache) through Terraform.
- CI: Github Actions
- CD: AWS CodeBuild & Codepipeline
Salary & Perks
23000 - 28000 PLN + VAT (or 6700 - 8300 USD + VAT) - B2B, per month.
- 100% remote - we have always been and will be a remote-first company
- Option to spend one day a month of your work for a growth-related agenda (contributing to 11Sigma blog, your personal brand, podcast, YT channel, etc)
- Flexible working hours - the only requirement is 4 hours overlap with Toronto
- Paid 15 days off plus paid public polish holidays
- Unforgettable retreats around the world
- Dedicated self-growth mentor
- Conferences around Europe
- Explorer budget (annual budget for travel and adventure, equipment, video games, co-working space) - 3000 PLN a year
- 10x-self budget (annual budget for home-office equipment, training, courses, books, conferences) - 3000 PLN a year
- Fully reimbursed Clifton Strengths Assessment to learn about your strengths
Feel free to read more about our company at https://11sigma.com.