Signavio by SAP is the leading cloud-based SaaS business transformation and process management company, founded 11 years ago, and based in Berlin. Our international expansion started in 2015 and now, we've opened offices in 10 locations worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced C, C++ or Rust engineer to strengthen our development team and help us create the next generation of process mining tools, at scale. This unique opportunity is the right role for a motivated, talented person who is keen to shape a product vision, and ready to guide the organization in that direction.
- Concepting and implementing our analytical in-memory query engine for Process Mining workloads in a multi-tenant public cloud environment.
- Designing algorithms and techniques to ensure sub-second query execution times even on data sets with more than 1 billion rows.
- Operating the query engine service in our SaaS environments based on Kubernetes and Docker.
- Providing an API for other teams to build user-facing applications on top of our analytical infrastructure.
- Reliability, scalability, cost and sub-second response time are driving KPIs.
You will be working in our agile cross-functional team, which is end-to-end responsible for Signavio's Process Intelligence product. The scope of this product is to analyze data that are generated during processes and to allow companies to gain an understanding on how their processes are performing.
Further information can be found here.
- Working with large-scale data and underlying algorithms for analytics.
- Excellent understanding of column-oriented storage, JIT query compilation and CPU cache pipelines, GPU computing and compression techniques.
- Relation and graph data management paradigms and data structures are well known.
- Hands-on experience in high performance computing with C, C++ or Rust.
- Rethink existing approaches to deliver results.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative. It is all based on trust, not micromanaging. The whole department is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin, however due to the current situation we work and onboard 100% remotely to keep our employees safe.
Our team members are self-organized within their teams, working on independent projects or closely with Product Leads, developers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them!
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth with functional in-house coaching and a personal development budget that includes three days off per year. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning groups, jours fixes and our annual Code Camp.
You are free to use the OS of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and set up your workspace the way you like it. Signavio will support you with all the necessary office equipment, even when working from home!
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone gets flexible working hours and 30 days of holidays per year. Moreover, Signavio will support you in case of relocation and visa application.
*Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?*
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and Signavio.
*How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?*
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us know.