Remote - 100% in any of the above 3 locations
Duties will include: (not limited to):
- Design and build new features with Python 3.8 / Django 2+ and Golang,
- Test what you write, contribute to how it runs, is deployed, and scaled with DevOps team (kubernetes/GitlabCI/AWS),
- Work close with frontend developers,
- Learn and propose improvements, so we can stay at the cutting edge of web development.
- Be curious about our product and know it,
- Help us in balancing the time-quality-feature, break features into smaller pieces,
- Contribute to Codility Engineering - how we build, develop, and release our software,
- Help less experienced engineers to grow and develop.
- Can code blindfolded in Python,
- Golang experience is a plus,
- Have experience with a modern web framework,
- Have a habit of leaving code in a better shape than you’ve found it,
- Don’t like process or quality problems to stay around and would go out of your way to fix them,
- Previously coded something you find exciting and cannot wait to tell us about it,
- Make decisions after looking at a problem from all angles,
- Are comfortable receiving and giving feedback,
- Are comfortable working in English,
- Have experience with designing scalable system components,
- Have experience with Test Driven Development, architecture patterns and lean/agile methodologies,
- Are open for learning new things,
- Being proactive, drives initiatives, speaks up when problems, issues emerge,
- Get things done,
- Are able to slice a problem.
What can you expect working with us:
- Impact - we directly improve the pace and quality of technical hiring for some of the biggest companies in the world,
- Cross-functional, product-oriented teams,
- Ownership - every person from our team is a product owner,
- Agile and lean mindset - to help our whole team (developers, testers, designers and product managers) develop and own our product together,
- Continuous integration - we deploy to production every day,
- Best practices - pair programming at least once a week,
- Direct contact with end users - we observe how they use our product live, run user labs and drive customer interviews,
- International team environment - our team consists of 19 nationalities across Warsaw and San Francisco.
Our tech stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest,
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm, Goland
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus stack, AWS, Chef, Golang.
Codility is an amazing forward thinking company that is innovative in its product, is a leader in its field, operates across a great tech stack, has a number of teams within the engineering department and a variety progression opportunities
You have the ability to share your ideas, and implement them, you’re not just here to make up the numbers, helping make the world a better place for tech hiring is our goal and you can help be a part of that.
Above all else you have the autonomy, respect, and trust here at Codility.
We really appreciate every interest in our company, however due to the number of applications, unfortunately if you don't hear back from us within 10 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Keep in touch with the latest news on Codility on our social platforms FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, and via our blog.
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.