Overview of Force and our Engineering Team:
Force is reimagining the way patients recover from injury and surgery. We partner with leading health systems across the U.S. to deliver plans of care to their patients, measure clinical data points and provide actionable insights into care and recovery. We have a direct and immediate feedback loop to our end users (patients and providers) and pride ourselves in being agile and responsive.
Our Engineering team is composed of members across many different engineering disciplines including: front-end, back-end, quality, mobile, devops, security and integrations. We're excited to be hiring a Senior Backend Engineer to work on our small, but passionate, Integrations team. This team is dedicated to implementing our SaaS products into mission-critical health IT environments. Our product runs on AWS and integrates tightly with 3rd party EMR and practice management systems. As a senior member of this team, you’ll contribute to the team’s overall effectiveness, turn blockers into opportunities, and improve team workflows.
Our ideal Senior Backend Engineer has significant professional experience working with web frameworks such as Django. In particular, integrating and working with third party APIs and ETL pipelines to consume and deliver data via the backend. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will work closely with the heads of product and engineering to create the roadmap and direction of the service offering of integrating Force with various third party data sources and provider EHR (electronic health record) systems. You will be working closely with the software development and product teams to build a scalable technology and process that will support and elevate the growth of the company. You will also collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders to spearhead backend data integrations and drive internal process improvements.
- Strong Engineering core skills (data structures & algorithms, coding best practices)
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design and programming
- Experience designing and building secure, scalable, and reliable systems
- Experience building unit tests and unit test frameworks
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Proficient with Git
- 5+ years of professional software design and development experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
- Experience with SaaS backend software development: Django or similar framework. In particular, integrating and working with third party APIs and ETL pipelines to consume and deliver data via the backend.
- A passion for writing clean well tested code
- Self-motivated and self-managing with strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills about complex technical topics
- Multitasker who is able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Partner with internal teams, customers, and vendors on the integration of our platform into hospital management or EMR/EHR systems
- Ensure organizational alignment on end-to-end EHR service, from integration, implementation, to maintenance
- Support sales for key customer accounts, collaborating with IT project managers at large hospital systems
- Work closely with IT and executive stakeholders to deliver software solutions into large healthcare organizations
- Collaborate with the marketing team to optimally position the integrations service for customers and internal stakeholder
- Help us continually improve the end-to-end Agile software development lifecycle
- Make a real, positive difference in other people's lives through your work
- Prioritize multiple tasks intelligently, speak up when you see issues, make a positive contribution to our culture and have fun