Senior Backend Engineer
ruby on rails
Remote Jobs in Worldwide>
Senior Backend Engineer
Fullscript helps people get better. It's at the core of everything we do. As the leading platform for prescribing integrative health products, our work positively impacts millions of lives everyday. Our purpose extends well beyond our platform. As a health company, we are committed to the wellbeing of our team members. We are building an organization where people thrive, grow, and have a high impact through their work.
By joining us, you stand with our purpose. You are an independent thinker, who likes to leave things better than you found them. You do things not because they are easy but because they are right. Ready to make an impact?
Fullscript is currently seeking experienced Backend or Fullstack Engineers that have an interest in learning Ruby on Rails and helping us build out the future of our platform. Fullscript’s core app is a robust Ruby on Rails application that uses React for the front-end and our Developers build and maintain our internal GraphQL API. We have an in-house development toolkit that allows engineers to setup their development environment in moments and complete complex actions with ease.
Our team cares about doing things well, and about the developer experience on the team. We host in-house training on all sorts of topics, from React all the way through to Kubernetes. Fullscript is a place where you’ll be encouraged to learn, mentor, and grow.
This is how we like building software: https://brand.fullscript.com/developer-handbook.html. If you share our values, we’d be excited to talk with you!
What you'll do
- Learn Ruby on Rails through mentorship & educational resources
- Plan out solution design
- Implement business logic for the core part of our e-commerce platform
- Build and maintain integrations with external services such as Stripe and Avatax, ERP system
- Build an internal API for other teams within Fullscript
- Solve performance issues
- Contribute to technical improvements, develop and maintain quality standards
- Code review and mentorship
What you bring to the table
- You are a passionate software engineer that cares about your craft
- You are excited to learn, lead projects and want to produce the best work possible
- You have experience with Java, Django, Yii, Laravel, ASP.NET MVC or other MVC frameworks
- You understand design patterns and can write clean codeYou've contributed to a high-scale web application
- Experience working in e-commerce sector would be a bonus
- Experience working with GraphQL would be a bonus
What we can offer you
- Generous PTO and competitive pay
- Fullscript’s RRSP match program for financial health
- Flexible benefits package and workplace wellness program
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both.
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles both personal information and personal health information, which means candidates that receive and accept employment offers must undergo a background check.
Want to learn more? Check us out at www.fullscript.com/careers, find us on social media, or check out our culture guide