Senior Backend Engineer
Remote Jobs in Worldwide>
Senior Backend Engineer
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will help create the infrastructure layer for B2B transportation. You will collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Data-Science, and other teams to deliver new products and solutions to meet both internal and customers’ needs.
You’ll be responsible to drive the implementation of new features end to end from refinement to release to production. As priorities and needs in a startup constantly change, you will use your experience and judgement to balance between rapid iterations and engineering well-architectured, adaptable, secure, and scalable services.
As part of a growing team, you have the opportunity to shape not only the product we’re building, but also our ever-evolving engineering culture and processes.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you...
- Find simple yet flexible solutions for complex and ever-evolving business needs through collaboration with Product and other functional teams
- Design and implement RESTful APIs that drive our frontends and connect to client/partner systems based on containerized microservices and serverless functions. We write most of our services in Kotlin/Java or Python
- Have a “you built it, you run it” attitude with CI/CD as their second nature. We use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and Bitbucket pipelines to implement it
- Drive engineering initiatives and technical improvements
- Onboard and mentor other team members through code reviews, pair programming, and continuous feedback
- Establish, document, and implement best practices and engineering standards
- Take initiative to research new technologies, read articles and news in order to understand the current state of the backend community
- At least 4 years of software development experience
- Ability to work both self-directed and collaboratively to deliver results in the face of conflicting priorities and ever-changing requirements
- Experience in managing and coaching team members
- Strong experience in one of our primary languages: Python, Kotlin, Java
- Deep knowledge of designing and developing scalable, distributed and microservices and/or serverless based applications with RESTful APIs
- Expert in SQL and relational database design
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- High attention to security-related topics, including infrastructure and application security
- Knowledge of the transportation industry, especially full truckload transportation, and related systems such as TMS and standards such as EDI is useful