Join us at Otter.ai in transforming the way remote teams work and communicate. Our AI-powered collaborative note-taking app works across Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams to help teams record, transcribe, search and share meeting notes. In addition, we are making virtual meetings accessible to all employees - allowing team members with disabilities to participate in a world that is now dominated by virtual meetings.i
With over 10M users experiencing Otter.ai, we are making an impact at scale and we are growing fast. Our team is made up of top talent from companies like Google, Facebook, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Pinterest, Spotify, and Plaid. We are backed by leading investors that include David Cheriton (Google’s first investor), Tim Draper (Draper Associates), Spectrum Equity, Horizons Ventures, GGV Capital, and Duke University.
About this role:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to help lead the development, deployment and management of our web services and related infrastructure to join our engineering team. Members of the engineering team work collaboratively as a group and with colleagues in technology, who are devising new speech recognition solutions, and product management to deploy systems and infrastructure to serve the needs of end-user professionals and enterprise clients across a number of verticals.
Need to Have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or EE) from a top school, or have substantial production server experience (or equivalent)
- At least 4+ years of experience in developing/architecting large scale systems
- Hands-on coding and development in Python and C++
- Strong proficiency in building business logic with Web Framework such as Django and MySQL
- Experience with platforms such as Nginx, Kafka, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, and big data platforms
- Strong ability to write and debug code that is reusable, testable and efficient
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers in design, product management, technology, and engineering to respond to requirements and diagnose problems
Nice to Have:
- PhD in Distributed Systems or related fields (including architecture/infrastructure-related)
- Stock. Be a [literal] stakeholder in our company’s future.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals and boundless snacks.
- Fun. We host team lunches weekly and team events bi-quarterly.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance.
Otter.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are dedicated to inclusivity.
Please note: Otter.ai does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent placements. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or via email to any Otter.ai employee) and without a written agreement otherwise will be deemed to be our sole property, and no fee will be paid should we hire the candidate.