Plotly Technologies Inc
About the Role
We're building Dash Enterprise, a web app that lets data scientists quickly and easily spin up and scale data science and ML apps. We do this using Kubernetes. Cool, right? You'll spend most of your day programming 60-90%. New codebase and we use cool technologies like Kafka, Kubernetes, NestJS, and CockroachDB.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributing node.js code (NestJS) to the backend. You might add a new graphql mutation, extend a worker to support the build system, or add some automated tests.
- Working on the Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Writing and reviewing design proposals.
- Reviewing PRs from other developers.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Working closely with product to determine what to build and the feasibility/difficulty of different features.
Technical skills :
- Experience: 5+ years developing software. Strong with Node.js.
- Ideally familiar with NestJS, GraphQL, Kafka, Kubernetes, and/or event-driven architecture.
- Table stakes: Familiar with git, pull requests, SQL, API design, automated testing, and writing clean/maintainable code.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Personality: You should be self-directed, comfortable diving into something you don't fully understand, friendly, and deeply care about doing a good job.
- Location: US or Canada. Bonus points for Canada/Quebec.