amazon web services
SEQL is a young, well-funded sports tech startup based out of Richmond, Virginia aiming to revolutionize the collegiate athletic recruiting industry. We’re committed to providing amateur athletes with a free, gamified platform to brand themselves and take full control over their athletic recruiting process while receiving stats-based guidance and educational resources to unlock new opportunities and achieve their dreams of competing at the next level.
Who you are:
A veteran backend engineer who has extensive experience working on production Node.js applications. You’re passionate about software development and always strive to seek optimal solutions. You relish assuming broad responsibility and being given wide autonomy to execute.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for maintaining, building and iterating the server-side technologies & APIs required to support our aggressive product roadmap. As an early stage employee, you will be able to help fundamentally shape the company culture, mentor future engineering hires and play a pivotal role in product development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Adhere to industry leading best practices development techniques
- Participate in bi-weekly product planning sessions
- GraphQL API design
- Create Apollo server routes & handlers to support frontend feature development
- Manage user access controls
- Ensure application functional resiliency
- Maintain high availability of backend services
- Implement user analytics & performance instrumentation
- Tune server-side application performance
- Assist with development of automated testing frameworks