Headquarters: San Francisco
Sound like you?
- You have 4+ years of experience maintaining complicated backend systems; Elixir experience is a bonus
- You're curious to learn and demonstrate the ability to do so very quickly
- You communicate with clarity and precision, whether with teammates or users
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject-matter experts
- You are self-motivated, possess a strong work ethic, and work well independently
- You identify with Slab's mission and values
Technologies we use
- TypeScript + React
- GraphQL + Apollo + Absinthe
- Phoenix + Elixir
- Docker + Kubernetes
- Google Cloud Platform
We are looking for either depth in one part of the stack or breadth across a wide portion.
What we value
- Stay lean - We strive for the greatest possible impact with the fewest number of employees. We empower our teammates with the most leveraged tools and efficient processes.
- Default to open - We encourage and nurture open exchanges of knowledge and ideas — while acting with respect and regard for each other.
- Think rigorously - We act and execute after careful thought and examination of known information, while acknowledging the risks we accept in its absence.
- Say no - We aim to deliver exceptionally high value in a small set of focus areas. We willingly abstain from good ideas to give only the most promising paths the attention they deserve.
- The best prevails - Whether an idea or an individual, the best will rise to the top at Slab. Ideas we pursue can come from anywhere, and individuals gain responsibilities due to outperformance.
- Global optimization - We believe that our mission — to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose — is the ultimate priority, above any single project, team, or individual.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous equity offer
- 7-year option exercise window
- $5k desk setup of your choice