amazon web services
Backend Engineering at Tessian
At Tessian, we're building the world’s first Human Layer Security platform. We’re making a difference by providing automatic, real-time protection against threats such as social engineering, human error, & data exfiltration, for people all around the world.
We're looking for backend engineers of all levels to build out our platform, drive our ability to scale, and grow with us as a company. You’ll stop criminal threats and prevent embarrassing mistakes for millions of people. Our high-volume, low-latency backend systems power the whole product.
From deploying data science models in production to integrating with our front end, you'll be involved in projects that span all aspects of the business. Our mission critical product and high volumes of data mean you will have many challenging problems to solve. You’ll be surrounded by incredibly smart, talented and friendly colleagues.
Engineers at Tessian love to learn from each other and pull together as a team to succeed. We all have a say in what we build and how we build it and you will be empowered - and encouraged - to have an opinion. We know that we do our best work and have the most fun as a diverse team that represents our users and the world we live in.
We work hard to develop our incredible Tessians and ensure that the Engineering team is a fantastic place to work for every gender, ethnicity, age, race, sexual orientation and educational background. We also seek diversity of experience:some of our engineers have been building distributed backend systems in Python or Typescript for years, and some have learned the ins and outs of their tech stack and language on the job.
Read more about Engineering at Tessian:
- Tessian Stack Overflow profile
- Safely migrating millions of API requests
- Our First Growth Framework
- Why Diversity and Inclusion is important to us
As a Tessian Backend Engineer you will
- Design and build reliable distributed systems that handle high volumes of data with low latency
- Maintain and support business-critical systems
- Ship code to production every day using CI/CD
- Tackle the challenges that come with processing highly sensitive data
- Learn to build with security in mind
- Make your mark on ambitious projects
Our backend tech stack includes
- Python 3 or Typescript (depending on role)
- Environments built around Docker and AWS
- High volume PostgreSQL databases
- Concourse for CI/CD
- Terraform built environments
We'd love to meet someone who
- Has 4+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- Enjoys collaboration and working with others
- Values getting things done over getting things perfect
- Is comfortable with the unknown and loves to experiment
- Can construct good arguments for methodologies or practices
- Has worked with, or understands the principles behind working with data at scale
- A passionate software developer, either with Python or Typescript experience or excited to learn that language
- Ideally has an interest in machine learning