The Lifetime Value Co.
About the Job
The Lifetime Value Co. is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our growing team and help us with maintaining and expanding our internal APIs for our front-end clients.
Your experience here will allow you to touch upon and learn a broad spectrum of skills up and down the stack as well as a breadth of technologies. If you're comfortable writing backend APIs, processing raw data, working closely with databases and data warehouses, and discovering cool new technologies then this might be the job for you. You will have a voice in what you build and you'll have the opportunity to prove your ideas. At LTV, we all work closely together across teams so there's no red tape or bureaucracy. We get things done!
What You Will Get to Do
- Work with your team to improve our reports by better combining data that comes from current and new sources
- Rigorously educate yourself with the latest development techniques and best practices
- Proactively anticipate issues and develop solutions
- Clearly communicate solutions to team members both verbally and in written documentation
- Implement new digital technologies and development techniques that help to meet business objectives
What You Bring to the Table
- 5 or more years of back-end development experience oriented to REST APIs
- 5 or more years experience with SQL (especially with Big Data)
- Solid understanding of coding best practices
- Excellent Git proficiency
- UNIX command line tools experience (sort, split, wc, uniq, grep, sed)
- Be independently driven and resourceful to deliver results with minimal direction
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit with a drive to contribute new ideas for future development
- Have the ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience programming in Golang
- Experience with column storage (AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery)
- Experience with EMR tools
- Experience with public record data
- Experience with data pipeline tools such as NiFi, Airflow or others
- Experience with Lucene based search engines like ElasticSearch
Your Reward For Greatness
- Highly competitive compensation packages
- Great health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Sanvello and Talkspace through United HealthCare's Behavioral Health Benefits
- Life insurance and personal accident insurance fully paid by LTV
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Sick Time provided
- 401 (k) plan with fully-vested company matching - Eligible Day 1!
- Flexible Savings Account/Health Savings Account
- Free ClassPass On-Demand workouts
- Weekly meal delivery through Seamless
- Tax preparation through Henry.tax
- Student loan repayment & financial wellness resources via Peanut Butter
- Password Management with 1Password
- Company organized volunteer days
- Professional development training and opportunities for professional growth - as we grow, you grow!
- If you want to WFH, you are in the right place. We have a remote-friendly culture.
- Customize your work setup with the equipment you prefer
- An innovative, energetic culture with great people to work with!
Why LTV Co.?
If you have ambitions to be a part of a high-growth, results-driven, industry-leading organization, LTV is the place to be. LTV builds exciting data products and then we market them with passion. We're a fast-growing company in New York City that balances the culture of a startup with the stability of being an established, profitable company. We want to work with people that strive to be in the top .01% of their field. We understand that getting to the top takes hard work, constant improvement, and by making data-driven decisions. It's a thrilling time to join the team, as we're expanding our product offerings in exciting new ways, driving innovation through data, marketing, and web & app development.
We believe in diversity and hiring people from all backgrounds and walks of life. You must be energetic, inventive, a team player, and looking to help build and grow the company each and every day. You must have an inner desire to win and the idea of losing is a non-starter. If you are looking for a position that allows you to work with a group of smart and dedicated people who will support you but still provide the autonomy you need to execute your strategy, then you should probably apply as soon as you're done reading this!
LTV was founded in New York by Josh Levy and Ross Cohen in 2007. At the time their mission was to provide easy and affordable access to public records. Something that in 2007, was only really accessible to corporations. Since then their mission has expanded to developing products and services that grant access to information and data across a number of verticals. In service of this mission, LTV has 7 consumer brands including BeenVerified, NumberGuru, PeopleLooker, NeighborWho, Ownerly, PeopleSmart, and Bumper.
Our mission is to develop a diverse portfolio of technologies, products, and services, that gives all people equal access to unbiased data and information. We believe that through this access people can empower and protect themselves in today's ever-changing world, filled with fake news, deception, and a lack of transparency.