Senior Content Creator
Remote Jobs in Global>
Senior Content Creator
Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
XWP has collaborated on some of the most ambitious and successful WordPress projects and partnered with the likes of Google, News Corp, and Penske Media Corporation (PMC) to bring richer technologies and delightful user experiences to the open web.
Our team of 95+ experts (from 25+ countries and 6 continents) enjoy challenging work, service-focused and collaborative teammates, and many opportunities to grow and learn. We have a passion and enthusiasm for what we do and a sincere care for each other and our clients.
We are looking for a talented content creator to capture the success stories of XWP’s projects, team, and partners while taking responsibility for the management and execution of the XWP brand voice in all things published on the website and other distributed content.
Who You Are
- Storytelling is your first language
- You are a well-balanced content creator that wants an opportunity to make a real impact in the development and success of a scaling, global brand
- You are passionate about the power of communications to grow engagement and conversions and know that “content marketing” is more than just creating assets for the sake of publishing
- You get excited about working with smart people and making great things happen, and contributing your own ideas. You want to take ownership of your output and know that you aren’t just checking boxes to someone else’s to-do list.
- You balance strong personal initiative with a bias for understanding and alignment
- You would find work-life harmony with the give and take of schedule flexibility and work needs that extend across many time zones (Americas, Europe, Australia)
- You value autonomy and have the self-management skills to operate dependably in a fully remote role.
What You’ve Done
- You’ve completed at least a bachelors degree in marketing, communications, Advertising or similar field.
- You have hands-on experience creating and distributing technical content across social channels.
- You’ve spent at least 5 years succeeding in a professional environment
- You’ve used WordPress as a publishing platform and are familiar with the Gutenberg editing experience
- You’ve worked collaboratively with cross-functional teams to capture, illustrate, and tell compelling success stories
- You’ve used video and script-writing as an avenue for storytelling in addition to SEO-rich copywriting and editing
- You’ve done editorial planning and social media content engagement management collaboratively with your team or organization
- You’ve worked on technical or WordPress related product marketing projects
- You have a history of active participation in the open-source software community, extra bonus points for participation in the WordPress community.
What You’ll Do Here
Manage Editorial Calendar (Quarterly)
- Editorial calendar management Includes: Strategic planning of themes and topics, co-coordinating publications with thought leadership, co-coordinate partner shared content and other curated content as needed
- Collaborative calendar planning, development, execution, and management with leadership
- Manage Multiple Channels: blog, website, email
Manage and Optimize Cross-Platform SEO (Monthly)
- Integrate website and social tags, tracking, and conversion links
- Create and manage website page indexing to coordinate with paid and SEO efforts
Collaborate with Strategic Leadership (Weekly)
- Topic ideation
- Content performance and testing
- Content brief and milestone reviews
- Content creation (blogs, case studies, web copy, other types of content as scheduled)
Collaborate with Editorial Stakeholders as Required (Daily)
- Interviews with SME’s, partners, team members, or customers for asset development
- Nurture thought leadership program and participants
- Contribute to internal marketing for team building and perpetuation of culture
- Coordinate and support campaigns with partners as required
What Success Looks Like
- Publication of 1-3 case studies per quarter
- 3-6 coordinated blog publications per month
- Quality of traffic engagement on XWP’s site in both organic traffic growth and organic lead conversion opportunities (Q/Q)
- Achieving sustainable marketing KPIs in terms of growing website engagement metrics (Q/Q)
- Visibility and ranking of page improvement growing in consistency, link development, and cross-media publishing (Y/Y)
- Participation and activation within XWP’s environment and remote culture
- Proactive engagement and awareness of data and content performance metrics
Payscale and Benefits
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other and work together towards our shared goals and vision)
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
- The joys of remote work done right: schedule flexibility, skip the commute, more time for family and interests outside of work
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our team members and the open web
- A starting pay range of USD $25-40 per hour (equivalent to about $50,000 to $75,000 per year at full-time)
- Unleash+ allowance of $2,500 per year to enrich your life
XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
Are you intrigued?
Apply now (link below) and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!