ata Engineer All Locations | Remote Mercateo Group
Senior Data Engineer (m/w/d) All Locations | Remote
As an operator of B2B platforms, the Mercateo Group provides an infrastructure enabling companies to efficiently carry out their transactions and business relationships through digital networking.
The Mercateo Group includes the B2B network unite.eu and the B2B procurement platform mercateo.com. In addition to Germany, the group is represented in Europe by 13 other national companies and employs over 600 people. Since its foundation in 2000, the entire company has expanded continuously and profitably, achieving sales of €343 million in 2020.
What you’ll do:
- You work in a Scrum team that’s responsible for a wide range of analytics applications.
- You create database models and improve our data warehouse.
- You develop and test ETL processes with Pentaho Data Integration, Java and Hadoop.
- You work with the team to develop data warehouse and ETL processes in the cloud.
- You provide business intelligence support to other teams such as marketing and sales in connection with the creation of OLAP cubes and reports.
What you’ll definitely need:
- You already have relevant experience of data warehousing and ETL.
- You have programming experience in Java, R or Python.
- You have experience of infrastructure as code (e.g. Docker or CloudFormation).
- You’re keen in DevOps: “We build it, we run it!”
- You love teamwork and agile software development.
What you can expect from us:
- A high degree of creative freedom in a committed, fast-paced technological environment
- Development of an exciting business model thanks to a modern technological landscape
- An agile software company with flat hierarchies and open communication
- A cool team where you can learn from each other and also contribute your own strengths
- A thoughtful onboarding programme including networking cross-functionally
- The possibility of working remotely
- We encourage you to dedicate 10% of your working time to your professional development